Hi Josee,
My husband finished tx at the end of October. When you read our signature you will see that he had Cistplatin also. He also had 2 other chemos at the same time, so the nausea was huge. This was all 6 weeks before radiation, then he had Erbitux WITH the radiation. When he struggled with the nausea in the beginning, we had a PEG tube put in. He hated it though, so didn't use it much. But if he had to it was there. The nausea can continue even with the PEG, so it might just be better to keep trying anti-nausea meds if it's simply for nausea. If he is hurting and cannot take nutrition by mouth, then he should do the tube.Kevin also has lost some hearing. I find I'm having to repeat myself often. We were confident with the tx though, so would rather have him not being able to hear as well if the cancer is gone. He can always get a hearing aide later.
We all know exactly what you are going through. It sucks that it took a bit to get a diagnosis. It was that way for us too. We went to the doc in Early May and were finally diagnosed the middle of July. I was livid at that point because nobody would listen to me, including Kevin, who was in complete denial.
One thing we did to help balance his stomach and bowels was to take Align. You HAVE to check with your doc first though. They didn't mind us doing it, but every doc is different.
We are here for you. Glad you found us. As the caregiver I found amazing support here. It got kind of scary and it was so nice to hear from many others that what we were going through was normal.
Check your private messages under "My stuff". I sent you a message.
Blessings,
Kathy

Last edited by KP5; 04-24-2012 05:48 PM.

Kathy wife/caregiver to:
Kevin age:53
Dx 7/15/11
HPV16+ SCC Stage IV BOT/R
Non smoker, casual drinker
7/27/11 Cistplatin, taxotere,5FU 2/3week sessions, followed by IMRT 125cgy x 60 (2x daily) w/Erbitux weekly. Last rad 10/26/11. Last Erbitux 10/27/11
PEG placed 9/1/11 Removed 11/8/11
Clear PET 10/12 and 10/13 and ct in 6/14