Welcome to OCF, Josee. We are glad you found us, but sorry you had to. I had similar treatments - 7 weeks of radiation and 3 cisplatin. I had a pretty rough time with my treatments and used a PEG tube, which I hated, but was glad that I had it. I was also nauseated a lot, so his reaction is not uncommon. My cancer was on the left side of my tongue, but I was negative for HPV. I also had a weird thing happen with my hearing, but in my case, it was temporary. Make sure that he stays hydrated. That is really important. I had to be admitted to the hospital after I had completed my treatments because I wasn't getting enough nourishment. That was really discouraging. But I am going on three years out, and I am still here! I am sure that you will here from others. Good luck!

Female, nonsmoker, 70, diag. 5/09 after tongue biopsy: stage IV. Left hemi-gloss. and left selec. neck disec. 30 lymph nodes removed May 20. Over 7 weeks daily rads. with three chemo. PEG removed 12/4/09 Am eating mostly soft foods. Back to work 11/09 Retired 4/1/11. 7 clear scans! Port out 9/11. 2/13. It's back: base of tongue, very invasive
surgery involving lifestyle changes. 2/14: Now speaking w/Passey-Muir valve. Considering a swallow study. Grateful to be alive.