joseel,

So far they have not found a connection with HPV found in one part of the body being able to travel to another site but much is still not known about HPV.

Six years ago Dr Maura Gillison, then at John Hopkins, was actively involved in researching the connection between HPV and OC. I contacted her then and she tested my slides which proved to be HPV16+. Ever since then I have made it my personal mission to educate as many people, especially men, re this connection.

Sorry to hear about his nausea problems. That was one of my worse problems which, like a snowball rolling down that hill, it created other problems. I finally gave up on all meds and found that my nausea lessened. I lost 30% of my total body mass.

We are here for the both of you.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.