Tanya,

You came to the right place for a pep talk my dear! I often say that the mental and emotional recovery from this disease is more difficult than the physical by leaps and bounds.

It is difficult after you've "seen behind the curtain" and have had to face your own mortality. Add to that having to cope with the effects of drugs and treatment, disfigurement etc...and it is a tall order for anyone. The smart thing is that you've found these forums, people who can relate to where you've been and where you are now and that's something no Dr or family member can help you with.

What this experience should teach you is that life is short, and life is fragile so live every moment. Show the people that you love how much they mean to you every chance you get, random dance to music (sorry I have young kids who watch iCarly), go on adventures, truly live life and know that the only thing that matters is your family and friends and the time you get to spend with them.

When you live in love, and go out and truly "live" life everything else seems to fall into place. Personally when I focused on those things and not what I look like now, or how vastly different my life is than before cancer (lost everything really), that's when I began being able to accept the "new" me. We have a choice everyday we are alive on how we choose to look at life and our situation, as I say, as long as I'm breathing I have options and one of those options is how I choose to view the world.

Surround yourself with positive, uplifting people, read inspiring books, watch funny or inspiring movies, listen to music that feeds your soul. All of these things I like to call "putting on your armor" that protects your spirit and your outlook.

There is strength in numbers, it's why we are here so never be afraid to reach out to those who can truly relate to where you are and what you've been through...we want to help smile

Keep your chin up tiger, you got this thing smile

Eric

Young Frack, SCC T4N2M0, Cisplatin,35+ rads,ND, RT Mandiblectomy w fibular free flap, facial paralysis, "He who has a "why" to live can bear with almost any "how"." -Nietzche "WARNING" PG-13 due to Sarcasm & WAY too much attitude, interact at your own risk.