Hi there I too have had a similar surgery etc.. I was quite blessed to only have to have it done once. I'm 2 weeks shy of 1 year post rads... My surgery was feb 4th, I too had a trache, and 30 % of my tongue removed, a feeding tube, but my graft was from my wrist. I had 40 lymph nodes removed and 5 weeks later I underwent 33 rads and chemo. Finished may 4... Every day gets a little better, I've done lymphatic massage, acupuncture and adjusted my diet most of my taste has come back though sweet and salt are sometimes more illusive. Enjoy now, every day is a gift, and not just because of cancer, but because we are mortal. Do what you can to try and prevent cancer from recurring, then don't give it any more power. It's a thief and will steal your joy if you let it. Enjoy your family and time with those around you. You've been through the wringer, but you've made it. Hugs!

Last edited by Cheryld; 04-19-2012 03:58 PM.

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan