Hi here and welcome! Everyone here has their own opinion of pegs - I was told to get one and did - I was told to try it out and test it for when I needed it later - I did and got severely nauseated after the first try. They switched my formula, I tried again, and threw that up, and pretty much gave up. I had the tube for my entire treatment and never used it beyond the two attempts. Like Anne I was very blessed in that I had some mouth sores but for the most part I had no real pain until the last two days of treatment then I took my meds and chugged my ensure. It definitely helps maintain the swallowing reflex if you go the whole way through. So it can be done. It is good to have it just in case because at some point food sucks!!! And unless you're super motivated or have someone pushing you... Eating becomes highly uncomfortable. so the tube can be a reprieve. smile I too had similar surgery - and had one node involved I found semi solid foods for more controllable than mashed potatoes. did they reconstruct you? Hey removed a third of my tongue but I have amazing mobility with it. Good luck! You can do this!!! smile

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan