thanks again for all your words of wisdom and advice and encouragment! we went again today and he is in SO MUCH pain! it just breaks my heart, he has been on lots of pain meds since Jan and nothing is really helping for the pain in his chest anymore....

it just breaks my heart, my husband and I both agree we do not want him to be in misery....it is so sad

I asked him if he wants to go to Columbus to a Nat cancer hospital for possible clinical trials but he says he is fine where he is, so I am not going to push anymore, and let him make his own decisions and just be there for him......

we bring the grandkids up to see him and breaks my heart to hear my 4 yr old daughter say I LOVE YOU!!! and I can tell it breaks his heart too....

just so sad...

thanks again...will update as I can..

I am def going to get the book FINAL journeys as so many recommend as well...

and yes I am not super religious but I def believe in afterlife and that he will be rejoined w his father who died of cancer 18 months ago, and his brother who was killed w 2 other teens at a railroad crossing 40 yrs ago, his brother was 15...it helps me to know they will reunite again

FIL DX JAN 29, 2011
stage 4 Squamous cell carcinoma
inoperable due to his overall health.
started treatment: March 2011.
feeding tube and TRACH
finished 39 radiations and weekly chemos JUNE..
June- 3 weeks in hospital for pneumonia
July-pet scan showed slightly better
OCT- hospice care, cancer all thru body