at hospital yesterday the infections dr came in and said that tho the pneumonia does not appear to be worsening, the previous antibiotic appears to not be going "deep enough"..there fore he is changing him to zyvox, which he said is stronger yet carries more risks, esp, bone marrow, and since his hemo levels were low they were really going to keep checking that..he gets daily XRAYS...they did also say that if he continues to keep going in the right way and optimistic the zyvox works, he may be able to go home possibly in the next week or so...I am he cannot believe they would send him home how he is, everyone is in full gowns and masks to visit him, and they remove fluids from his lungs 24-7....how can he go home? the social workers at hospital do not give much info.....his insurance thru his retirement is tapped at 60 days in a skilled facility, he makes to much for medicaid, and since he is 59 (tho he gets ss disability) he is ineligible for medicare since he as not been getting SSD for 24 months.............so looks like he will have to go home again alone and have nurses come out...thinking of trying private nurse perhaps? not sure....we just have lots on our minds as we are all as he has...and the options are very few..would take him in ourselves but 3 kids and a young baby no room and not possible at all...sigh...well will update again when i kno wmore..thanks for reading...lets me vent it out a bit

FIL DX JAN 29, 2011
stage 4 Squamous cell carcinoma
inoperable due to his overall health.
started treatment: March 2011.
feeding tube and TRACH
finished 39 radiations and weekly chemos JUNE..
June- 3 weeks in hospital for pneumonia
July-pet scan showed slightly better
OCT- hospice care, cancer all thru body