Hi Bean,

Sweetie, breathe deeply then exhale a few times. Concentrate on capturing a sense of calm and peace for yourself. When I went through the waiting process, I mentally escaped to my 'happy place'...it can be anywhere you feel safe and worryfree. It helped me keep my sanity until we got the final scan results. I had an extended stay in my happy place--we had to wait from March until August.

Waiting is scary, frustrating, and causes crippling anxiety. But, if there is no way to change the time frame of when you can be seen by your ENT, then please try to relax and focus on something else. Acceptance can be a wonderful gift to give yourself. It is easier said than done, I know. But, use this time productively. If you get a cancer diagnosis, you will be launched into a whirlwind of activity and will be glad you took care a few things before your attention is diverted elsewhere.

If it isn't something that needs treatment, then you would have wasted a lot of time, energy, and potentially ruined your health worrying for nothing.

Don't let cancer take anything more away from you until your doctors say it's time to give it something. You may never have to give cancer anything. That would make me a very happy person. Too many of my friends and family--at home and on the OCF forum--have had to sacrifice dearly because of oral cancer. Sometimes the sacrifices were life-saving...other times, it was not. Live your life and enjoy it--even while waiting for answers. Don't let cancer rob you of one minute of living. If not for yourself, please do it in memory of others who lost the fight after sacrificing so much.

Ex-spouse MISDIAGNOSED with SCC-HN IVa 12/10. Tonsils out 1/11. 4 teeth out 2/11. TX Erbitux x2, IMRT x2 2/11. 2nd opinion-benign BCC-NOT CANCER 3/11. TX stopped 3/11. New doctors 4/11. ENT agrees with 2nd opinion 5/11. ENT scoped him-all clear 7/11. Ordered MRI anyway. MRI 8/22/11 Result-all clear.