Susan,

It's a tad unusual to have that reaction so early in the Tx. You definitely need to bring this to your RO's attention and get a prescript for what most call "magic mouthwash" and some effective pain meds. You need to get this pain under control as you MUST and I MUST emphasize MUST continue to get calories and water down your throat each and every day. You don't mention a PEG but even if you do have one you also must continue to use your swallowing muscles throughout your Tx or you could end up with post Tx swallowing problems.

Also it is always helpful if posters can add a Signature Line which gives readers and responders more insight into answering or understanding a post.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.