Strange that different docs say different things. Mine never said anything about aquaphore while going through treatment. But I never had it on during my treatments. I would do the towels until i got to treatment. Take them off for treatment, and do towels on the way home from treatment, and then would apply aquaphore, just because I didnt want it getting everywhere. But never was told it could interfere with radiation! Strange strange.

Shelly~ I am glad your pain is being managed and maybe talk to your doctor about getting their professional opinion about what they think it would have been if they caught it in 07. If they put it in a letter that states in my professional opinion, if this was found in 07, it would have been low grade, and this this and this wouldn't have needed to be done. My doc was willing to put in a letter that in their professional opinion i wouldn't have needed radiation and would have only lost a small piece of my tongue instead of half of it. But I am not sure what I will do yet. My doctor wants me to follow through with the suit, but I am not sure if I will, cuz that could damage 2 docs jobs and what not. That's a tough decision.

Hope you treatments go well throughout and keep your chin up. Once you get through these treatments, usually a month or so after you feel so much better!

25/female at diagnosis
Dx;stage 3 SCC tongue 03/25/2010
Surgery 04/13/2010
Trach,ng tube, peg feeding tube
Hemiglossectomy, right side neck dissection, 40 lymph nodes removed. Free-Flap transplant to tongue.
30 rounds IMRT ended July 15,2010