My RO at Moffitt doesn't really like them. That was 4 years ago and he still hasn't changed his mind. He says he sees to many patients become life dependent. Add to that I was bucking this whole Tx from the beginning and when he said it was up to me I emphatically said NO. Look the whole Tx boils down to killing the cancer with as little collateral damage as possible. I definitely could have used the PEG during Tx and I got so skinny, so weak, so dehydrated, so everything that they did put a nasal tube in post Tx for about 2 weeks. It made a huge difference and I walked out of my tunnel and fortunately for me I was spared another potential collateral damage.

I wasn't a very smart patient and Brian didn't get me to this site until I had walked out of my tunnel so I didn't have the sage wisdom that this site brings but as it turned out I would do the same thing if I were faced with that decision again. I would also be a tad smarter since I have acquired a great deal of knowledge in my 4 plus years on this site. JMO

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.