I had 3 surgeries before any other treatment. My teeth had to go, for rads and chemo. The I had the rads and chemo for 4 weeks but only 4 Erbitux chemo and radiation everyday. As soon as that was finished, I had to have rad seed implnats put into my tongue going into it theu my chin and then Quaranteed for supposedly 3 days which turned into 7 days. Your hubby needs you there for him at all treatments, I had noone but a stubbornness to win the war. Like david said, Eat , eat and then eat more. I lost 80 lbs up to this point. Now I have to have my bottom jaw removed and a new one made if they can. It's a tough road to walk, but takin it one step at a time this road can be walked. Good luck . This sometimes changes ones personality too, so don't be surprised at some things he might do or say differently.

Since posting this. UPMC, Pittsburgh, Oct 2011 until Jan. I averaged about 2 to 3 surgeries a week there. w Can't have jaw made as bone is deteroriating steaily that is left in jaw. Mersa is to blame. Feeding tube . Had trach for 4mos. Got it out April.
--- Passed away 5/14/14, will be greatly missed by everyone here