Don't close the book on a trip. Hopefully that will be a reality for you someday. When you are feeling low-go there in your mind. I have been trying to use visualization lately to take my mind off the sadness this time of the year. Christmas is my favorite holiday but being that it is the first since losing my husband, it is hard to deal with this year. I just bought Andrea Bocelli's new holiday cd and it is wonderful for relaxation and lightening the mood.

I belong to a young widow's board and we have a term for people that just don't get it-DGI's. I try to be mindful of the fact that I was once one. I don't believe that I had half the empathy or understanding for cancer patients that I have now. I surely don't have the knowledge of being one myself-just one that was along for the horrible ride. Try not to be too hard on them-I truly believe the severity of your situation is lost on them or is just too difficult to deal with for those who are close to you. I can't tell you how many times I had to listen to my father in law's physical issues WHILE my husband, his son, was dying in Hospice. Take care of yourself and enjoy your music.

Sue

cg to husband, 48 Stage 1V head and neck SCC. First surgery 9/07. Radiation and several rounds of chemo followed. Mets to chest and lungs. "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain." Went home to God on February 22, 2009.