I'll join in this thread. I have officially cancelled Christmas and everything that goes with it. I am not buying any gifts, no tree - no baking, etc. I have - for all of my life - been a "nut" about Christmas but I am tired. I'm tired of buying things for people and having them call my gifts "random". In order for me to get something that even remotely relates to ME, I have to pick it out order it, pay for it, and collect later - otherwise I end up with candlesticks.

I'm tired of carefully thinking of everyone and making sure their stocking is full of personalized items, when NOT ONE PERSON so much as buys me a lottery ticket. I am tired of baking only to have people bitch at me because they eat too much. I'm sooooooooo done. My family says that I shouldn't do things if I do them "expecting" appreciation or a thank you. Okay. I can do that. So, I cancelled Christmas and have done not one thing.

I have however loaded Christmas music which I love onto my Ipod and enjoy that very much. I too am tired of it all.

Donna

Last edited by Pandora99; 12-09-2009 01:20 AM.

Donna,69, SCC L Tongue T2N1MO Stg IV 4/04 w/partial gloss;32 radtx; T2N2M0 Stg IV; R tongue-2nd partial gloss w/graft 10/07; 30 radtx/2 cispl 2/08. 3rd Oral Cancer surgery 1/22 - Stage 1. 2022 surgery eliminated swallowing and bottom left jaw. Now a “Tubie for Life”.no food envy - Thank God! Surviving isn't easy!!!! .Proudly Canadian - YES, UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE IS WONDERFUL! (Not perfect but definitely WONDERFUL)