Last time I logged on I was here I was here to help support others. But now I found myself needing support. I should be so thankful that I am a Oral Cancer Surviror but maybe I am just feeling sorry for myself. After all this time that has passed from my treatments I feel I should be up and around enjoying life more. My husband reminds me that I do have bone marrow issues due to the chemo and the doctors state I am in a slow recovery. I find myself thinking of all the negative which is the constant jaw pain, dealing with dentures which causes more jaw pain, having no energy and dreading making something to eat that doesn't take alot of chewing. My husband comes home after work to find me still in my PJ's and haven't done to much. But he understands but I don't. I have had some great days but have more bad days then good lately. Sometimes like we all have done you ask WHY. Yes depression is here and I have started back on the meds. I think I just need to hear from others that have gone through this to get me back on the right track.

Tammy 43 yr non smoker- Dx-10/11/07 Stage 4 Tongue Cancer Surg.10/17/07, 1/4 Tongue and 14 Lymph nodes 5 positive, Peg tube/Chemo port,Chemo 3 wks/Radiation 6 wks begins 11/07 end 02/08.Teeth removed prior to radiation. PetScan 05/08 CLEAR 09/09. 2011 diag. w/osteoradionecrosis.100 HBO's