I'm going to chime in hear and share a pretty funny story. I've always considered myself an accepting kind of a guy when it came to other people's beliefs as long as they didn't preach at me or try to convert me to some religion in any way.

I was brought up in the church and went to bible school for a short time, but then my studies led me to the path of Deism and freethinking. I, like most of the people that subscribe to Deism and Freethinking do not believe in the healing power of prayer or a other "healing" rituals. I've always allowed people to pray for me however as I respect their belief in it.

My uncle's new wife however is some sort of new age healer and uses peoples hair or personal articles to run through some sort of machine and then does phone healing. At the request of my uncle, I allowed him to take a lock of hair and submit myself to one of this gals "phone healings"...and only because I love my uncle dearly.

It actually cracked me up as the gal was using cold/warm reading techniques. I found out later that she charges $500/healing session and makes a comfortable living...man people are idiots.

I'm with Jim and Charm, if you need something for your "soul" do something good for somebody else...makes me feel good.

Young Frack, SCC T4N2M0, Cisplatin,35+ rads,ND, RT Mandiblectomy w fibular free flap, facial paralysis, "He who has a "why" to live can bear with almost any "how"." -Nietzche "WARNING" PG-13 due to Sarcasm & WAY too much attitude, interact at your own risk.