Trt,

#1...don't get a dog to make you feel better....SORRY Margaret!

Sometimes, I get moody, sad, angry, depressed, upset..whatever--my emotions are endless, all of our emotions are endless....I also have a lot of good moments. Basically, though...this cancer is hard...cancer in general is hard because it's a reminder that everything we know and have can be gone tomorrow. There are a lot of things I think of because of my cancer and tx's that I never would have ever contemplated for myself before I went through all of it...it happened and I have to move forward.

Trt...you have to look at yourself and figure it all out...Be honest with yourself and try to move forward and do whatever makes you feel better.

What makes me feel better? Family, my GF, friends, my dog, animals in general, my lousy barely hanging on garden, living in general makes me happy among a lot of other things too...

Find something that makes you happy and develop that and move forward...Be grateful, after-all...you're two years past the hardest part of your life...

It can always be worse...now I gotta go to bed before I drop my half-empty glass!!

7-16-08 age 37@Dx, T3N0M0 SCC 4.778cm tumor, left side of oral tongue, non smoker, casual drinker, I am the 4th in my family to have H&N cancer
8-13-08 left neck dissection and 40% of tongue removed, submandibular salivary gland & 14 nodes clean, no chemo, IMRTx35
11-4-08 Recovering & feeling better