DO is Doctor of Osteopathy

I am not very spiritual.

I tried therapy and acupuncture; they do help to some extent but I am still pretty miserable.

I could be eating better, exercise makes me sick, going thru divorce, don't have many friends, family in another country, mostly spending time on my own: it's an effort to go out and be social.

I am not sure I felt any improvement yet; I've seen him twice.

TSH is low, but the other thyroid levels are ok. testosterone is low.

[quote=mhupe]TRT,

I don't know what a "DO" stands for. I'm guessing you are a pretty spiritual person to be looking into these types of alternative options for fatigue.

I have several friends who are very spiritual, and also the types to look at life from a soul level...and I have several friends who are extremely religious and look at life from a purely theological perspective. Every one of these friends would tell you their option is the best. As a result, I have come to the conclusion that emotional healing is tied to the strength of each person's personal belief system.

I doubt that you will find anyone on this board who would have participated in dealing with a problem on a soul level...this board tends to attract and retain individuals who are looking for clinically proven practices. And, anyone not looking that way is generally run out off the boards by those who only work in the realm of conventional therapies.

I think this topic has been met with much controversy as no one here would want to see someone choose a spiritual treatment over a conventional treatment for oral cancer as there is great concern that individuals who do not follow proven, clinical practices are putting themselves as great life/death risk.

I think emotional healing is a little different. Certainly in every field and for every disorder there are people selling snake oils. And, that is where your idea of phone therapy will be met with great concern on this forum. So, you might have to follow your own instincts and look at what you have done before to decide which options to pursue.

Have you tried the more traditional therapies...like counseling or acupuncture? Did you not find that these options were effective for you?

Are you eating well, exercising regularly, working, interacting with friends and family daily?

Have you noticed any improvements since you started working with your osteopath?

Also, have you had your thyroid checked regarding your fatigue?
[/quote]

Dx 10/06 Adenoid Cystic carcinoma; Stage I. Soft palate/minor salivary glands.
Tx surgery 11/06 Tomotherapy (targeted IMRT) 3/07