Posted By: EzJim Dead jawbone - 02-22-2011 12:59 AM
I was really impressed with the ENT at UPMC today as was my daughter. He thinks I can wait awhile yet but wants to lower my stomache back into the area it came from. He alos let me know that the saliva can eat thru a portion of the jawbone, eat thru the flesh under it and thru to my neck area. Then the saliva will drain thru that hole thru my chin and drain down my neck. He wants to lower my stomache and insert the feeding tube to be prepared for when the bone has to be removed, which he doesn't think will be very far away in time. He would use my shoulder blade to make a jaw. He wants to do this because he wants me to be well nourished when he removes my jaw and try to fatten me up a little. He wants me to think about this and I go back the 23rd of May to meet with him and discuss the whole procedure. This young ENT is very impressive and very knowledgble. Thanks for anybutt kicking I needed all of you.
Posted By: EzJim Re: Dead jawbone - 02-22-2011 01:00 AM
Forgot. He took out about 4 piecses of jawbone that had come loose and was against my cheeks. I sure won't miss it.
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Dead jawbone - 02-22-2011 12:45 PM
Hang in there Jim.
Posted By: Marlene41 Re: Dead jawbone - 02-23-2011 09:37 PM
Having a plan is good. Hang in there!

Marlene
Posted By: WendyG Re: Dead jawbone - 02-24-2011 10:30 AM
Thinking of you Jim. Sounds like your doctor's know what they are doing and have a good plan. Thinking of you always xx
Posted By: Cheryld Re: Dead jawbone - 03-03-2011 05:09 PM
Jim - I cannot imagine what you have gone through and are going through but my thoughts and blessings are with you - confidence in your doctor is always important! This guy sounds great.. Take care.
Posted By: EzJim Re: Dead jawbone - 03-04-2011 11:28 PM
Gotta say this. I don't laugh as much as I did or joke about this stuff now. I keep trying to figure out what I will be like after. Hell, I seem to be dreaming about it now too. GRRRRRRRR
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum