Posted By: EzJim Numb lip and chin. - 08-28-2012 03:26 PM
Ny lower lip and chin are completely numb since they took the jaw bone. Has any of you that lost your jaw bone having this problem. It makes for a mess when trying to do anything. You could be slobbering on youself and not know it until you look at your shirt.
Posted By: wendys Re: Numb lip and chin. - 08-28-2012 05:48 PM
Jim, I still have a jaw bone but my left jaw and chin are still numb after almost 3 years, and yes I do slobber occasionally. Luckily my loved ones tell me when it is happening.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Numb lip and chin. - 08-28-2012 06:04 PM
Hi Jim! Missed you! For me, the transplanted skin on the left side of my cheek and neck has no feeling. I can tell if someone would touch it and alot of times it itches but there is no real sense of much else there. Its just something you get used to dealing with.
Posted By: EricS Re: Numb lip and chin. - 08-28-2012 07:25 PM
I'm in the same boat Jim, mine was before the mandiblectomy though due to PNI
Posted By: Karen Rose Re: Numb lip and chin. - 08-29-2012 12:49 AM
Same here Jim. Including my lower lip, the lower section and left side of my face is numb since the mandiblectomy. My neck is numb and tight. I can't feel the artificial gum structure in my mouth cavity. I can feel sections of my cheeks and upper teeth. The result of bone removal and reconstruction, nerve damage, soft tissue removal, muscle removal and radiotherapy chemotherapy damage.

Take care.
Karen
Posted By: EzJim Re: Numb lip and chin. - 08-29-2012 08:53 PM
I'm used to it Christine but it but it sure can get embarassing when you are out. LOL Look like a Saint Bernard with the drools. Thanks all for the replys.Maybe we should start a club Eric. We can call it The Eruptions.
Posted By: nocam Re: Numb lip and chin. - 08-29-2012 09:47 PM
EzJim

I am fairly new around here and don't know who you are but you are gifted with being able to bring humor to "C" which otherwise, at least to me, generates nothing but very depressing thoughts and images. By association, your mention of a Saint Bernard caused me to have a joyful smile and for that I am grateful.
Posted By: EzJim Re: Numb lip and chin. - 08-30-2012 07:21 PM
Thank you nocam. It's nice to meet you. I think I must be the old man of OFC. LOL I don't like to think so tho. LOL going on 77.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum