Posted By: MrsGrant Oral Cacner Products - 04-29-2009 08:13 PM
So I have been searching everywhere for Oral Cancer Awareness products and they seem to be pretty limited. In particular I am looking for a lanyward with the awareness ribbon on it. I would like to wear it at school/work with my badge on it. I can't seem to find a thing.

Anyone know where I can buy awareness products?

Thanks
Posted By: Tammy63 Re: Oral Cacner Products - 04-30-2009 01:09 AM
I found this web site that has Oral Cancer products. I didn't see any lanyards but you might see something else or call them because they custom make items. I ordered several shirts and stickers and was very happy with the products. Here is the web site http://www.zazzle.com - In the search area type in Oral Cancer.
Tammy
Posted By: Susan Lauria Re: Oral Cacner Products - 04-30-2009 01:53 AM
That is a good site, but it would be even greater if the proceeds went to oral cancer causes. I will look into that. Don't know if they do. But at least it is good to see oral cancer on something!!!

We have items in our store as well, tote bags, some shirts too. You can help OCF at the same time!

Susasn
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Oral Cacner Products - 04-30-2009 02:10 AM

Susan, at the OCF walks will they have items to buy? If not, that might be an easy way to make some extra $$$ for OCF.
Posted By: Susan Lauria Re: Oral Cacner Products - 04-30-2009 02:21 AM
That is a good idea Christine. Usually the group doing the event gives away t-shirts with registration, I will pass your idea along!

See you Saturday, hope the weather holds out!
Posted By: EzJim Re: Oral Cacner Products - 04-30-2009 02:46 AM
I have seen some of their shirts, They are no way near the quality of OCF shirts. Just made from the cheapest cotton and shrink. OCF shirts hold their shape after many washings. When the 250 from the gov. comes I might have to order 2 more . They are comforatable . I wore one to Sam's club tonite and it was noticed by a lot of people. 2 of them in particular.
Posted By: EzJim Re: Oral Cacner Products - 04-30-2009 02:49 AM
My Dr has a picnic and foots the bill himself for all of the food and prizes. The hospital pays for the shirts. THere had to be at least 200 there last year. It was fun even if I had to watch the food disappear. LOL Damn pigs.. It is set for June 7th this year. Anyone want to be my date?
Posted By: sobradley Re: Oral Cacner Products - 04-30-2009 08:37 PM
I got a few of my cancer things from cafepress.com You can run a search and pull up lots of fun stuff. Some of them are definitely funny and entertaining.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Oral Cacner Products - 04-30-2009 09:07 PM
Stephanie, how are you?
Posted By: sobradley Re: Oral Cacner Products - 05-01-2009 12:00 PM
I'm doing alright! I got hospitalized like over a week ago (hopefully going home today) - I don't remember the first few days at all. I had my first chemo (for my recurrence) and somehow in like 2 days lost too much weight that I had two arteries that closed off my small intestines and kept me from being able to eat?! It's weird, and I don't really know all the details - but I got really sick from it - somehow lost over 20 pounds in like two days (I'm 5'10 and according to my scale at home before I was admitted I was about 125 pounds). (I'm still down about 10-15 from 2 weeks ago - 131ish) - and had to have my stomach pumped and yada yada because I could not stop vomiting bile (I forget how many liters of stuff the pumped out of my stomach that one night that was just sitting in my stomach unable to go through my intestines but I think it was like 6-8 buckets). I'm on a liquid diet for now, but I'm putting weight back on slowly and hopefully will be back to normal in a week or two. I'm just dying for solid food! I'm eating lots of broth and I have a NG tube into my jejeunam (??) and I have that running as kind of an added nutrients thing - they want me to eat as many calories by mouth as I can. So, I'm just hanging out waiting and trying to gain weight to open that passageway back up so I can eat!!!! So, as usual, no one is really sure why this happened to me. Originally they thought it was chemo related, but now they think it's unrelated! So, hopefully I'll get some answers! I don't want this to possibly happen again if I lose 5 pounds in the future. So, here I am once again being the weird one!
Posted By: Charm2017 Re: Oral Cacner Products - 05-01-2009 01:37 PM
Mrs Grant

If you join OCF as a regular member for only $50 the first year and then only $25 renewal dues, you will get a GORGEOUS silver colored LABEL PIN that would just be perfect to put on your work/school badge. It has the usual fastener (attached pin post with cap) so just push it onto the badge laminate and cap it and there you go: oral cancer awareness in a fashionable manner.
I love mine and change it from shirt to shirt - being retired I now "don't need no stinking badges" (homage to old Westerns)
Charm
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Oral Cacner Products - 05-02-2009 03:54 AM
Stephanie, Im so sorry you are going thru this right now. You are such a vibrant, positive young lady that its very sad to hear of your recurrance. I had one too only 7 months after finishing tx OC came back. Now a year later Im doing much better. You can get past this and go back to your happy, health self again. Please check in from time to time to let us know how you are.

Wishing you the best with everything!
Posted By: EzJim Re: Oral Cacner Products - 05-02-2009 11:00 AM
Geez Stephanie, it sounds as if you had a major problem going on. 6 to 8 buckets is a lot of liquid for anyone or anything . I bet you felt miserable and had a ton of worries going on. Lets hope this doesn't happen again. Blockage is worse than diarreha I would say. For me blockage was the worse of the 2. I am praying you get to go home real soon and that this doesn't occur again. Good luck and keep the spirit up and running.
Posted By: sobradley Re: Oral Cacner Products - 05-02-2009 01:39 PM
Jim and Christine-

Thanks for the concern! I did make it home from the hospital yesterday.Woohoo! I'm still trying to gain weight - right now I'm maintaining (I THINK) - so I can get rid of my NG tube. My biggest concern right now is losing weight from the nausea of my next chemo cycle and landing my butt in the hospital again because I'm scheduled for chemo at the end of this coming week! It's a vicous cycle! They can't guarantee that it won't happen again - even if I am fixed this time - there was just a necessary fat layer that my body randomly decided to lose around my small intestines and they don't know if my body would do that again or try and lose fat from somewhere else the next time. I would LOVE to be able to put back on the 20 pounds I've lost in the last week or so, but I have a feeling it's going to take a while to put on since I have no clue how I lost it in the first place! So, I'm hoping to stay out of the hospital for a while - and get on with beating this cancer thing again!
Posted By: EzJim Re: Oral Cacner Products - 05-03-2009 12:35 AM
Yep, it's time to put on the butt kicking clothes and whip some OC big time. Go for a KO in the 1st round. You have the spieit it takes and I'm betting on you and have you in my prayers.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum