Posted By: EzJim Drs plans - 12-09-2008 12:03 AM
I saw the Dr this morning for Pittsburgh. There is an anneurysm in my stomache on the aorta again. Good old 1 in a million Jim. Dang it. It is 5.5 mm and that is the operate zone. He told me about all of the dangers, like loss of kidney functions, possibilty of dying on the table and other variables. He wants to meet with my immediate family to let them know how serious the surgery is . I have no idea if they remember how it was 9 yrs and a few months ago. I forgot myself until he started talking to me.. I have to find something to make me fight like the last 3 big surgeries I had. But I am here still so I sure will be using both barrels to fight. He will do the surgery after the holidays. If it was just a little bigger, it would be done next week on a squeeze ion surgery. Well, now you know what's going on like I do. I wish I had someone around here to sit and talk with me. Have a good day or evening all.
Posted By: EzJim Re: Drs plans - 12-09-2008 12:04 AM
Forgot to add, this anneurysm is just above where they clamped things off for that last one.They won't have much room to navigate this time.
Posted By: wilckdds Re: Drs plans - 12-09-2008 12:08 AM
Jim,

As always, you will remain in my prayers.

You are my hero.

Jerry
Posted By: Ray1971 Re: Drs plans - 12-09-2008 12:41 AM
Jim,

Nothing but prayers and best wishes for you.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Drs plans - 12-09-2008 01:13 AM
Jim

Im so sorry to hear your news. I was hoping and praying for you that it wouldnt be anything serious. Hang in there, you know your family here is always pulling for you.
Posted By: Gabe Re: Drs plans - 12-09-2008 03:12 AM
So sorry to hear that you now have to face another surgery.
Love that you are still so positive and going to fight this with both barrels. You are unbelievable and my hero as well.
Love
Gabriele
Posted By: Cookey Re: Drs plans - 12-09-2008 03:22 AM
Shit Jim
It just never stops for you!!!!! i am lost for words honey,just give it your best shot and dont forget "it aint over till the fat lady sings" and i aint singing!!!

love you
liz
Posted By: Markus Re: Drs plans - 12-09-2008 03:58 AM
Jim,

one should think that you have dealt with enough crap by now. Hopefully you will weather this too as you have overcome so much! Someone take that Kryptonite away ... and just to make sure we will have to gag cookey (sorry liz) smile

M

Posted By: Malka Re: Drs plans - 12-09-2008 04:25 AM
Jim,
You have to come through this with flying colors. I am increasing my prayers for you. I hope that I hear good news from you before I go for my surgery Jan 5.
Posted By: RPCV Re: Drs plans - 12-09-2008 05:21 AM
Jim,
Hoping for the best. Our thoughts are with you.
Posted By: August Re: Drs plans - 12-09-2008 05:57 AM
Jim, you will find the strength, just like you have the other times.

If I lived just a bit closer to Ohio, I would be honored to sit and visit with you, every single day. I can think of nobody I would rather spend time with!

You know that you have to get over this one in a hurry. We'll all be needing our "Jim fix"!!

XOXO and prayers. --Colleen

Posted By: Pandora99 Re: Drs plans - 12-09-2008 06:04 AM
Lets not forget that the doctors are required to tell you all of that so that you make an informed decision. It doesn't mean they won't be fabulously successful and return you to us quickly with just a few more decorations (scars). I have a good feeling about this. You are such a fighter I know you will do great with this surgery.

In the meantime, get your bib out and get ready to enjoy the holiday season. We are here for you if you need to talk, and you know we are great listeners.

Hugs

Donna
Posted By: Karen Rose Re: Drs plans - 12-09-2008 06:08 AM

Jim

Best wishes - thinking of you.

Karen
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Drs plans - 12-09-2008 01:57 PM
Jim,

I know if anyone of us can come out of this surgery in good shape, my bets on you. Hang tough big guy.
Posted By: EzJim Re: Drs plans - 12-09-2008 03:27 PM
I have to say this to all of you. With you all on my side and being so favorable, I just know I have to whip this one too. Luv Ya all.
Posted By: JeffL Re: Drs plans - 12-09-2008 03:35 PM
You will whip this one, and don't worry too much about the risks. If you read the Informed Consent form for a treadmill EKG, it would scare the heck out of you and you would likely never get on the darn thing.

Keep us posted.
Posted By: William1949 Re: Drs plans - 12-09-2008 04:51 PM
Praying for you!
Posted By: azcallin Re: Drs plans - 12-09-2008 05:13 PM
Jim, we are all pulling for you and i know you will come through. Sure wish you didn't have to go thru another surgery though.
Stay positive and we will be here cheering you on all the way.
Posted By: suemarie Re: Drs plans - 12-09-2008 05:19 PM
Jim- I've said it before, you're a tough bird. Hang in there-you have many people pulling for you. You are truly an inspiration with your strength and courage.

Sue
Posted By: Pete D Re: Drs plans - 12-09-2008 07:29 PM
Don't forget to ask for silicone tubing!! Let us know how it went when you can sit up again.
Posted By: EzJim Re: Drs plans - 12-09-2008 09:00 PM
I have tubing from the last time in the shape of a Y.. Y me LOL just kidding.. But I do have the Y and it goes from the aorta into my legs. I don't think they will replace that one but add another right above the fix from last one.
Posted By: Pandora99 Re: Drs plans - 12-10-2008 03:03 PM
Tell them to make sure they use the good plumbers glue and salder it well this time!

By the sounds of it Jim, your doctors have a charge account at Home Depot to acquire all your parts!

We're here for ya.

Donna
Posted By: EzJim Re: Drs plans - 12-10-2008 03:18 PM
Maybe some gorilla glue mixed with super glue would do it.. And thanks for the ideas all, LOL
Posted By: little sister Re: Drs plans - 12-11-2008 01:10 AM
I wonder sometimes if prayers help but I would hate to find out one day that they could have. I will pray for you. Your presence on this site is golden!
Posted By: Lostpassword Re: Drs plans - 12-11-2008 01:06 PM
Jim - soon you will be known as our own Bionic Man - we always appreciate your support and encouragement for everyone else in here, and now the support for YOU has come back 10-fold - prayers for another quick recovery! Warmly, JaneP
Posted By: EzJim Re: Drs plans - 12-11-2008 01:14 PM
I thank you for the prayers and really appreciate them. I am sure prayers and my guardian angels that are always on my shoulder had a lot to do with a fast recovery before a couple of times. I sure will need the prayers and angels this time.. Thank you all .
Posted By: suzanne98 Re: Drs plans - 12-11-2008 02:00 PM
Jim,

I will sending you positive energy and thinking about you. As you know, I just started here and you have already been a huge help to me. I wish you much luck. From what I'm reading here you are quite the fighter!!! Keep it...the mind is so powerful.

Go in their blazing....and try not to moon anyone in your hospital gown. I have, and it was hilarious!!!! Why can't they make them a little nicer? lol

I will talk to you all day here...whenever you need to talk or vent:)
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Drs plans - 12-11-2008 02:25 PM
Jim,

You're like that cell phone commercial, Verizon I think, that has all those people standing behind the service except yours is an army of Angels.
Posted By: EzJim Re: Drs plans - 12-11-2008 05:39 PM
Still laughing at Suzanne and David's post I just read.. The gowns are kinda nasty LOL David, maybe if I make it thru this one I can get JOB for that phone co. OK here is the date. The lady just called me. Jan 22 I have to have surgery but I don't have the details yet. I have to get a stress test, which they will call my cardiologist to schedule . I have been hurting big time the last 2 days and she told me to get it to the ER if it doesn't let up, especially if the pain is in the anneurysm area. Sure as heck is since yesterday. Will keep you all updated.. Have a great day all and go do something ornery. LOL This time I wish I had a human to talk to.
Posted By: suzanne98 Re: Drs plans - 12-11-2008 06:00 PM
hang in there Jim.....I wish there was something else I could do. I will do something ornery for you...Not sure what it will be yet but I will let you know!!!
Posted By: azcallin Re: Drs plans - 12-11-2008 06:02 PM
Hoping that pain lets up for you. do listen and go get it checked if it continues... it may just be some of that orneriness working its way through though smile
Posted By: Good1 Re: Drs plans - 12-11-2008 10:12 PM
Jim

I'm just catching up on the reading. I'm sorry to hear that you have another battle. I am new here, but you are always willing to give some advice to others and light hearted. I will also keep you in my prayers. I believe that you are a fighter and you will win this battle also. I'm in IL and would come sit and let you talk for days if I was physically able.

Patty
Posted By: EzJim Re: Drs plans - 12-11-2008 11:52 PM
I just love how we all offer each other so much energy. We are a great group and would be for anyone that needs advice in any given situation. I talk to the Drs office that made the Appt for me In Pittsburgh. They wanted to know when I was having the surgery. This is the Dr that operated a little over 9 yrs ago. I was told that if I have to go to the ER to be sure and tell them what's going on,. I was told they would probably transport me to Pittsburgh.. I don't want any ride in this weather especially in a chopper , unless they let me drive. That would be a treat for all involved.
Posted By: suzanne98 Re: Drs plans - 12-12-2008 12:06 AM
LOL.....can you come to NJ? I wouldn't want to miss that ride!!! How is your pain now? Any better? Do you have anything to relieve the pain at all?
Posted By: EzJim Re: Drs plans - 12-12-2008 12:11 AM
I have plenty of pain pills and still some wash with 3 different narcotics in them. Oh Yes,, I could get happy real easy..Suzanne but I kind of just sneak up and just take a half pill. heck Suzanne, I',m a happy guy anyway. I just take the meds sometime to get rid of them. LOL
Posted By: suzanne98 Re: Drs plans - 12-12-2008 12:23 AM
LOL.....that's why we have insurance right? If you have good ins they should only be $10!!!!! Keep the refills coming!!

Here's a story for you...my first glosectomy I was popping the hydrocodone like sweetarts. MMMMM Then is dawnws on me "Suzanne, you have not gone to the bathroomin 4 days" So I called the doc. They said buy stool softner. Ray was at work and I had to go to the store and make the purchase. I ventured out (I looked really good by the way I think I may have even showered that day) Then I got home and realized that would take FOREVER to work. So back I went for the up the heinnie kind..LOL that was a dream. Lucky for Ray he walked in the door just after all the excitment was over.

Hope this makes you laugh...I made sure I did the self checkout that day!!!
Posted By: Good1 Re: Drs plans - 12-12-2008 12:55 AM
Here's one that would not be so funny if I wasn't ok.

I too was popping the hydrocodone in August. I had my first chemo treatment, picked up the anti nausea drugs and went home to bed. I work the graveyard shift and planned to go to work that night. I took one of the 4 pills that the doc precribed that was just for anxiety before bed. I got up and felt fine so I headed off to work. Somehow, I got off the right shoulder of one of the country roads out here, over corrected, rolled the pickup truck and came to rest on the wheels in a corn field. I called my boss and asked him to call the cops and pulled the truck up out of the corn field. The cops towed the truck and sent me in an ambulance to be checked out. That is the last thing that I remember. A friend of mine picked me up at the hospital and was told that I had a concusion and to keep me awake so we went to Denny's. He tells me that I proceeded to eat 3 pancakes, bacon, eggs and oatmeal with brown sugar. I had not eaten any solid food in over 3 weeks because of the pain from the tumor and do not remember any of it. That was my last meal of solid food too.
Posted By: Pete D Re: Drs plans - 12-12-2008 12:57 AM
The first thing both my friend and my sister said when they learned I was taking hydrocodone after my biopsy was "Take a stool softener!". I still have some of the stuf (Natural Vegetable Laxative) that the nurses recommended during my nuking a couple of years ago -- I couldn't find any of that Natural Red Meat Laxative.
Posted By: darkeyedlady0 Re: Drs plans - 12-12-2008 03:55 AM
How you haning in young man...I am sending out good thoughts hmmm yeah they are good lol...keep us posted...if you need to chat just yell...
Posted By: EzJim Re: Drs plans - 12-12-2008 03:03 PM
Suzanne and Good 1 seem to had all hte hydro fun and dangers. Had to laugh at one and feel bad for the others.. I never have had a reaction to hydrocodne except the constipation,, i took everything to get RELIEF LOL
Posted By: EzJim Re: Drs plans - 12-12-2008 03:07 PM
I did learn,, that once you feel it working,, no further tha a few feet from the bathroom .. that's mighy dangerous no matter the feeling of relief LOL even tried that kind too suzanne.. WHEW
Posted By: suzanne98 Re: Drs plans - 12-13-2008 12:10 AM
That constipation is such a bugger!!! Why don't tell you that?!?!? I found out the hard way. It was worse than the tongue pain.

How's it goin Jim...you seem to be in better spirits. I've been thinking about you. I go to the doc on Monday. Ray says my tongue looks better:) I'm still planning on asking for the biopsy.
Posted By: suzanne98 Re: Drs plans - 12-13-2008 12:13 AM
That constipation is such a bugger!!! Why don't tell you that?!?!? I found out the hard way. It was worse than the tongue pain.

How's it goin Jim...you seem to be in better spirits. I've been thinking about you. I go to the doc on Monday. Ray says my tongue looks better:) I'm still planning on asking for the biopsy.
Posted By: EzJim Re: Drs plans - 12-13-2008 12:30 AM
Really I feel lousy like that crap today. Just one of those days or subconsiouly I might be thinking about the pain where the anneurysm is. How are you and everyone else today??
Posted By: EzJim Re: Drs plans - 12-13-2008 12:32 AM
I am gonna holler one of these days and talk to whoever is handy when I need number to dial. It feels cold here , well It is in the 20s. LOL DUH JIM
Posted By: suzanne98 Re: Drs plans - 12-13-2008 12:40 AM
LOL....I'm doing pretty good day. Just happy it's Friday:) The work week is over and it's time for Christmas shopping tomorrow. Ray and I usually have some mojitos before we start..it makes the crowd easier:)

Do you have family near by Jim?

I liked your duh jim comment..LOL
Posted By: Pete D Re: Drs plans - 12-13-2008 04:38 AM
Be sure you keep on spelling it Duh, not Doh like the Simpsons do -- I believe that is an "expletive deleted" word in Russian -- Dunno if the producers knew that!
Posted By: Bailey4 Re: Drs plans - 12-13-2008 04:50 AM
EZJIM, I am sad you must go thru more....sometimes it just seems some are 'hit' w/ so much to bear. YOU will come thru this just fine, I believe after all you have been thru w/ the Oral Cancer pain/treatmentu you will just fly thru this. Sincerely. What happened that even caused them to check it? You certainly are cared about so much.....there is support/strength coming to you.
Linda
Posted By: EzJim Re: Drs plans - 12-13-2008 03:32 PM
THey were checking for a hernia and did 3 ctScans in less than 3 weeks to make sure that it is what it lloked like. No hernia but antoer anneurysm. I guess we are all out thru the tests of life. The Dr that did the 1st repair is very good, but wants me to be where there are a number of specialsts just in case.
Posted By: darkeyedlady0 Re: Drs plans - 12-13-2008 04:23 PM
Well Jim you are still hanging in impressive!!! Guess I am on my way to battle the numbers. I love Christmas hate the crowds...People can get so sensitive. A friend wants to go out and do a few things me driving I am well lets just say not real fond of it since ND have driven a few times. This time of year I must be crazy...Anyway just giving you something else to think about distract you...Just think of me dodging other cars in parking lots full of frustrated angry people and just stopping and yelling out my window....Merry Christmas to all...Peace on earth...and Enjoyh LIFE you are lucky to have one!!! (Said lovingly) I am going to try to convert everyone with LOVE...wish me luck...
Posted By: EzJim Re: Drs plans - 12-13-2008 09:38 PM
I wish yiou a lot of luck with sme of the Dum Dums we have on the roads. Why not get a big water pistol, fill it ith oil and when gets nasty. squirt their windows. LOL Have a nice safe tripDianne.
Posted By: EzJim Re: Drs plans - 12-13-2008 09:40 PM
The coffee that this keyboard drank must have been one of my stronger batches. It did a job on these keys.
Posted By: darkeyedlady0 Re: Drs plans - 12-14-2008 04:09 PM
Well Jim I made it home. Yay it got a little slippery out there especially with bald tires..yikes..My parents' car they are putting winter tires on this week good thing...Not that they don't want to but appointments were only available into next week too many people waiting till the last moment to get them put on...Guilty of that one too...

I was very happy and relieved I only got flipped the bird once so I guess it wasn't that bad a day...Today it is raining out ...wow..it is going to be slick tonight. I am so glad that I don't have to go anywhere hubby will drive ha ha...

Like I said just something else to ponder on picture some old woman with no teeth driving at 40km in a 60 (it is slick) and singing at the top of her game cause no radio... Merry Christmas to all and to all safe trips!!!
Posted By: EzJim Re: Drs plans - 12-15-2008 01:44 AM
LOL Dianne, you made my day with that chuckle as usual.. You should have told tour bird to get close to the window, raisd hi tail feathers and wave back to that other bird. Get some tires mam. We don't want you hurt or stuck...Please!!!
Posted By: darkeyedlady0 Re: Drs plans - 12-15-2008 02:12 AM
No worries dad's got an appointment for tires on tuesday!!!
Posted By: suzanne98 Re: Drs plans - 12-16-2008 12:55 AM
Hi EZJIM...how are you feeling? Anything new? How are those narcotics treating you:)
Posted By: EzJim Re: Drs plans - 12-18-2008 01:19 AM
The Dr moved the surgery date from the 22nd to the 21st of Jan. I hope he doesn't do any rush jobs like Jiffy lube. LOL
Posted By: darkeyedlady0 Re: Drs plans - 12-18-2008 05:12 AM
hey that is at least one less day of pain my man...we have never used jiffy lube we go the old fashioned do yourself backyard way...husband is a newfie...and a backyard mechanic...ductape can go a long long way!!!!
Posted By: Pete D Re: Drs plans - 12-18-2008 05:17 AM
As long as he doesn't insist on Cod and Brewis every day...
Posted By: LarrysDaughter Re: Drs plans - 12-24-2008 04:26 AM
[quote=EzJim] I saw the Dr this morning for Pittsburgh. There is an anneurysm in my stomache on the aorta again. Good old 1 in a million Jim. Dang it. It is 5.5 mm and that is the operate zone. He told me about all of the dangers, like loss of kidney functions, possibilty of dying on the table and other variables. He wants to meet with my immediate family to let them know how serious the surgery is . I have no idea if they remember how it was 9 yrs and a few months ago. I forgot myself until he started talking to me.. I have to find something to make me fight like the last 3 big surgeries I had. But I am here still so I sure will be using both barrels to fight. He will do the surgery after the holidays. If it was just a little bigger, it would be done next week on a squeeze ion surgery. Well, now you know what's going on like I do. I wish I had someone around here to sit and talk with me. Have a good day or evening all. [/quote]

Jim, if I could be there, I would sit with you and hold your hand and talk til the wee hours of the morning. But...since that is not possible, we have email... so keep 'em comin'!!! You have been there for me so much this past year with my Dad. The "something you need to keep fighting" is the knowing that you have helped so many others with your support, advice, and gift of laughter. This OCF family needs you around to keep it going. SO FIGHT!!! smile

Love ya!
Posted By: peace4uall Re: Drs plans - 12-26-2008 09:46 PM
Jim,
I am pul.l.i.n.g. hard for you. I think that soon you will be at
the top of that hill looking down. Will you have someone with
you when you get home to look after you and also at the hospital?
I so hope so, I know those narcotics kicked me so hard I didn't know where in the world I was nor did I care?
Take care,
Debbie
Posted By: Marlene41 Re: Drs plans - 12-27-2008 02:14 AM
I haven't been on here for a while & never thought I'd see something like tihs from you. You must feel like a pin-ball.
Hang in there, Jim! You have many people pulling for you!
My prayers are with you.

Marlene
Posted By: Claudia Nelson Re: Drs plans - 12-27-2008 03:38 AM
Hi Jim. Hang in there buddie. Many thoughts are with you. Please keep us posted. Where are you from in Ohio ? I'm from New Castle Pa which is 20 miles from youngstown. I see that you will have your surgery done in Pgh. That's where my husband Jim had his surgery. We are all here supporting you. What would we do without our friends here on the board. You are strong and you'll beat this, too !
Posted By: darkeyedlady0 Re: Drs plans - 12-27-2008 04:42 AM
See Jim you got yourself a whole army of supporters (and angels)...hope your holidays are going well enjoying your pies I know I have oops there's another 10lbs...oh well tis the season!!!
Posted By: suzanne98 Re: Drs plans - 12-30-2008 12:42 PM
Hi Jim,

I haven't been on in a little bit with the madness of the holidays. How are doing?
Posted By: darkeyedlady0 Re: Drs plans - 12-31-2008 12:48 AM
Hey Jim just checking how the drs appointment went...I have been waiting to hear and thinking of you all day! Anxious I guess
Posted By: Bailey4 Re: Drs plans - 12-31-2008 06:52 AM
Thinkin' bout ya, and cheking in on you.....what's going on?
Posted By: EzJim Re: Drs plans - 12-31-2008 12:11 PM
The Dr did is feeling around in my mouth, the throat squeezing thing, and said he would rather for now that I take pain pills and see what is going on after the surgery for this blasted anneurysm. After thinking about it, he is right, why go thru more torture when the anneurysm is the priority for now. Beat tha one and then go for whatever !! Thanks for the boost all and have a great day.
Posted By: EzJim Re: Drs plans - 12-31-2008 12:14 PM
Claudia, I live about 25 miles from the river south on Ohio 7 then west on I 70 to the Barnesville exit. I almpost forgot to post that for you.LOL morning mental block thing..Not really far from Steubenville.
Posted By: Malka Re: Drs plans - 12-31-2008 05:11 PM
Jim,
I will be out of touch with the forums for a while due to the reconstructive surgery this Monday. I will have my daughter-in-law watch for news from you. I trust and pray that everything will be well with you.
Malka
Posted By: wilckdds Re: Drs plans - 12-31-2008 07:45 PM
Malka,

Good luck on Monday.

You will be in my prayers.

Jerry
Posted By: Eileen Re: Drs plans - 12-31-2008 08:36 PM
Malka,

Also wishing you good luck on Monday. If you can, have someone post how you are doing. Will be thinking of you.

Take care,
Eileen
Posted By: EzJim Re: Drs plans - 01-01-2009 12:26 AM
Malka, I sure would like to know how things went. My Dr checked me out and told me no sense in trying to do more than give me a script for vicodin and wait until after the anneurysm surgery. I just hope that you leave there with an ear to ear smile on your face.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum