Posted By: EzJim One week to go. - 10-21-2011 09:55 PM
In one week I hope to have that surgery to remove my jaw. The waiting gets to you at times but I have enjoyed every day of it all but this constant pain that doesn't let up. Even the methadone and percs sit back for it. Hooray for this feeding tube and it's letting me add some weight. I pray noone else has to go thru this torture. Luv Ya all.
Posted By: walknlite Re: One week to go. - 10-21-2011 10:18 PM
Jim, think about you often. Thanks for the update. I am beginning to join you on this pain bandwagon. Nerve pain started up again yesterday, but never really let up and can really feel it when I try to swallow anything at all. Thank goodness for Ambien at night, so I can sleep through the pain.
Posted By: David2 Re: One week to go. - 10-21-2011 10:28 PM
Jim, and Angelia - you both have been through so much you deserve every break there is. Jim, crossing fingers, toes and eyes for you in your upcoming surgery. You are probably the most amazing guy I know.
Posted By: Cheryld Re: One week to go. - 10-22-2011 03:18 AM
Jim good luck try to arty this
Last week of freedom! Hugs and heal well
Posted By: Sandy177 Re: One week to go. - 10-22-2011 04:20 AM
Hi Jim! Keep hanging in there! Waiting drives a person nuts. But being in pain and waiting is just inhumane. I'm sorry you haven't been able to get the pain to leave you alone. It must be really bad because you aren't given to complaining.

I'm glad the feeding tube has been working well for you. Now...don't go trying to put Cream of Wheat into your feeding tube. And no grits, either!

I'll be keeping you in my prayers for you to have complete pain relief and a speedy recovery from surgery.

Sending you some sunshine from California, and a hug and kiss.

Be good!

Love ya!

Sandy

Posted By: julieann Re: One week to go. - 10-22-2011 05:38 AM
And do not forget to give us the name of the hospital (maybe the same as last one), so we can keep track of you. You know my prayers will be with you all the way.
Hugs from julieann
Posted By: davidcpa Re: One week to go. - 10-22-2011 10:54 AM
Jim,

Hang in there. We are all behind you!!!!!!!
Posted By: WendyG Re: One week to go. - 10-22-2011 10:56 AM
Hi Jim, glad to hear surgery is going to be soon for you. I hope it puts an end to the pain you are experiencing once it has healed. Steve is heading into surgery next friday to have some of the dead bone removed from his jaw. Thankfully he doesn't appear to be in any pain. Stay strong Jim and keep getting that nutrition. You are an inspiration to us all smile Sending you lots of love and hugs xoxo

Wendy
Posted By: Anne-Marie Re: One week to go. - 10-22-2011 11:57 AM
Thinking about you, Jim, and hoping and praying everything goes just perfectly with your surgery next Friday. Glad you were able to gain some weight, too. Let us know whenever you can where you are - same hospital as last time? And how you are doing.
Posted By: EricS Re: One week to go. - 10-22-2011 12:16 PM
Jim, I love you.

You are a beast as us youngins would say...and that's a big compliment. I hope to meet you someday my friend.

Eric
Posted By: Gabe Re: One week to go. - 10-22-2011 09:15 PM
Luv Ya too Jim,
My thoughts will be with you for your surgery and a quick recovery.
Gabriele
Posted By: Kelly211 Re: One week to go. - 10-22-2011 11:51 PM
Jim,

Good luck with the surgery. I'll be thinking of you. Sending a few prayers to the big guy in the sky just for you.
Posted By: EzJim Re: One week to go. - 10-23-2011 02:36 PM
I will be in the same hospital as last time but in a different area. They are remodeling the hallway I was in. The rooms there were very small and outdated. They are making the rooms with mostly wood for appreance sake and larger. You need a tour guide to get thru that place. I had shoulder and elbow surgeries there in 1972 plus a couple of more times. Thanks all for the faith you have in me.
Posted By: Pandora99 Re: One week to go. - 10-24-2011 07:49 AM
Now behave yourself while you are in there Jim. While your jaw may be temporarily out of order I know you will wink and flirt like crazy with the nurses. Remember - your Angels are Watching!!

I am praying for a full and easy recovery for you. With the amount of pain you have been enduring, I think this procedure will be a relief for you!

Hugs

Donna
Posted By: SUEZ Re: One week to go. - 10-24-2011 01:52 PM
Good Luck Jim! Have a speedy recovery.
Posted By: tristeve Re: One week to go. - 10-24-2011 08:11 PM
Jim,

all our most positive thought are with you. I hope it all goes as easy as can be

Steve
Posted By: EzJim Re: One week to go. - 10-25-2011 12:33 AM
Thanks all and Pandorra, LOL My hnds still have feelings and know how to operate. J/K
Posted By: Marlene41 Re: One week to go. - 10-25-2011 04:30 AM
Good luck, Jim.
I'm sending prayers & positive thoughts your way & am glad you put on some weight. Here's to no more pain!

Marlene
Posted By: ChristineB Re: One week to go. - 10-25-2011 04:02 PM
Wishing you the very best with your upcoming surgery! PLEASE make sure you have someone contact me or put it on OCF or facebook, anything to let us know you are ok. I know you will be in the hospital for a while and may not be able to contact anyone so set this up now with a family member. Maybe one of your grandchildren wouldnt mind checking in once in a while with info. You have many many friends here who all love you and worry so please dont leave us in the dark. Hope everything goes as planned and that you have a fast, pain free recovery!!!
Posted By: AnitaFrances Re: One week to go. - 10-25-2011 04:15 PM
Hi, Jim,

All the best with your surgery this week. I'll be looking for updates and I send my prayers and healing vibes.

Posted By: slim Re: One week to go. - 10-25-2011 05:32 PM
Jim, I will keep you and your surgeons in my prayers. Take things one day at a time and hopefully you will be up and around and out of this terrible pain before you know it. Hugs
Posted By: Kerri Re: One week to go. - 10-27-2011 12:45 AM
Jim,

You were one of the first people to reach out to me on this forum, and for that, I am grateful. There are so many of us here pulling for you. You will be in my thoughts daily and I look forward to seeing you here again soon.

With care,
Kerri
Posted By: Malka Re: One week to go. - 10-27-2011 01:49 AM
Jim,

I will be praying for your complete and speedy recovery.

Malka

Posted By: Malka Re: One week to go. - 10-27-2011 01:49 AM
Jim,

I will be praying for your complete and speedy recovery.

Malka

Posted By: Karenj Re: One week to go. - 10-27-2011 02:47 AM
Thoughts and prayers for a sucessful surgery and hospital stay. Hang in there!
Posted By: Jeanna F Re: One week to go. - 11-02-2011 01:16 PM
Heres' to a speedy recovery Jim...Jeanna xoxo
Posted By: GaryG Re: One week to go. - 11-03-2011 06:28 PM
Hope all goes well Jim!
Posted By: Sue G Re: One week to go. - 11-04-2011 10:34 AM
Thinking of you Jim! Hope that your surgery and recovery go smoothly and that you are pain free soon. XX
Posted By: ChristineB Re: One week to go. - 11-04-2011 07:20 PM
There is a thread about Jim and his progress in "Currently in Treatment".

EZJim Update
Posted By: Sue G Re: One week to go. - 11-06-2011 01:43 AM
Thanks Christine!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum