Posted By: suzanne98 It's good to be back - 01-19-2011 05:42 PM
Hi all:) It's been a long time since I've been on the forums and I missed you all. Even though I wasn't here I thought of everyone often and kept in touch with some on Facebook.

I am still cancer free and I go to my doctor every 3 months. My next appointment is on 2/7/11. I moved twice and had a baby since the last time I was here. Our baby was born 2 months premature but is doing well:)

I'm looking forward to spending time here again and "meeting" the new posters since I've been gone.
Posted By: SUEZ Re: It's good to be back - 01-19-2011 08:07 PM
how awesome! Congratulations on everything!
Posted By: Shelley K Re: It's good to be back - 01-19-2011 08:18 PM
Welcome back Suzanne and congratulations on the birth of your son!

Shelley
Posted By: EricS Re: It's good to be back - 01-19-2011 10:20 PM
Welcome back!!! Congrats, kids are amazing, really it was because of my boys that I chose to fight this crap in the first place.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: It's good to be back - 01-19-2011 10:25 PM
Suzanne, Ive missed you on OCF. So happy to see that you have comeback!
Posted By: Gabe Re: It's good to be back - 01-19-2011 10:33 PM
Welcome back to OCF Suzanne .
I have enjoyed keeping in touch via FB and watching the house, your tummy and now new baby Nicholas grow wink
Love
Gabriele
Posted By: Charm2017 Re: It's good to be back - 01-20-2011 01:29 AM
Suzanne

Where have you been girl? OCF has not been the same without you.
As a parent myself, I was hoping that you could join our ranks also. You are just way too YOUNG for all this. I confess to a selfish reason to be so glad you are back: you always appreciated my twisted sense of humor and did not read goofy things into my passionate comments and posts. (We won't mention the posters who did, since thank God, most of them have dropped off).
How wonderful that the tests confirm you are cancer free. My little brother was very premature yet he is a six foot redhead now. Please keep posting. It's really important for all the newbies to see that TX can actually work. Plus with all the youngsters getting this horrible disease, your story can give them all hope. Every day since March 30th of last year, I have checked for a post from you and it was wonderful to see your post to Buster on Jan 17th. I was going to PM but I was afraid that my fantasy of you totally overcoming this cancer and simply forgetting about it would be shattered. I'm glad you are back but I wish you had never had to even join us.
Shout out to Gabe for sharing your son's name: Nicholas. I'm a Facebook objector, sort of like "Keep off my Cyber Lawn".
As ever
Peace and Love
Charm
Posted By: suzanne98 Re: It's good to be back - 01-20-2011 02:14 AM
Awww...Charm you bring a tear to my eye:) My life has been crazy but I realized I cannot be too busy for OCF and I must make time for this ever important forum. I remember so clearly sitting on my couch looking online and finding this site. There is no doubt in my mind the wonderful people here helped me through it and I have to try to do that for others. You know I love your posts..I always have!!

Yes, my son's name is Nicholas and he was born on 11/25 and I was due on 1/14. He was very early and I had an emergency c-section on Thanksgiving. He was 4.6 when he was born and stayed in the NICU for about 3 weeks. It was hard but we made it through like we do everything else!! He is 6.10 now.

Thank you all for a warm welcome back:)!!
Posted By: walknlite Re: It's good to be back - 01-20-2011 02:52 AM
So glad you are back. I have been leeping up with you on FB. Enjoy seeing those pictures. I have missed your positive upbeat messages on here.
Posted By: bethers0808 Re: It's good to be back - 01-20-2011 05:25 AM
Congrats on the kiddo. That is one thing I have been stuck in limbo on. My docs have said it's my choice, but because they are saying this was a genetic issue, that any child i have will have a 75% chance of getting this at my age or younger. I don't like hearing that, but that also came from a doc that told me after i have radiation, if it comes back and is inoperable they won't be able to do anything but keep me comfortable till i pass.

I am pretty sure no one likes to hear that at 25. But I am still in limbo about it all, so I am glad to see someone around my age went with having a child and things are going good for them.

Congrats on being cancer free also!! I get my 6 month scan results next monday and I am hoping for all clear!!

It's tough to keep up with this sometimes, but I realized taking time away and seeing people on fb post about ppl having reoccurences and I am out of the loop kinda hurts, cuz I want to be there however I can for fellow patients. I just have to make time for this.

But congrats on all of your good news!!
Posted By: WendyG Re: It's good to be back - 01-20-2011 10:58 AM
Love having you back on here Suzanne. You are an amazing woman. Cancer free and starting a family. Nicholas is so beautiful. I'm so glad that you are happy. You deserve every bit of it my good friend xoxo
Posted By: Anne-Marie Re: It's good to be back - 01-20-2011 11:38 AM
How wonderful to have you back, Suzanne and to hear your great news! Cherish each and every moment with your Nicholas! Children are precious and give us so much hope for the future!
Posted By: suzanne98 Re: It's good to be back - 01-20-2011 02:37 PM
Beth...I know just how you are feeling. I was 27 when I was diagnosed and the thought of starting a family was scary. Once I started getting consistent news that the cancer was gone I slowly realized I could start living my life and cancer made it's way to the back of my mind. I hope the same happens for you and I'll be here to help you through it. I read your signature and you sure have been through a lot. Give yourself time...you have plenty of it. I'm 31 now and just had my son:)

Again...I really want to thank everyone for such a warm welcome back. You are truly wonderful people.
Posted By: wilckdds Re: It's good to be back - 01-24-2011 04:03 AM
It certainly would be unfair for ME to welcome you back because I too, have been away too much.

Fortunately my reasons were not related to child birth (at 65, I would never survive), but as you and many others know, it was related to our move, as well.

Anyway, the forum members will now be able to have you too on their side.

I love seeing the pictures of Nicholas on Face Book.

Charm, if you ever give in and join FB, I promise I will be your friend. BTW, I said I would never join.
Posted By: EzJim Re: It's good to be back - 01-24-2011 01:45 PM
Welcome back suzanne. Congrats on the new baby. You must have been a busy lady accomplishing a few important things in life. I bet the baby is a cutie. I did miss your posts.
I don't think many want my opinion of FB.
Posted By: Susan2992 Re: It's good to be back - 01-26-2011 02:02 AM
Suzanne, welcome back to OCF! I've been enjoying the pictures of Nicholas on FB - he is so adorable. I'm glad everything is going well for you - you deserve it!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum