Interesting discussion here, especially as regards maryjane. I've been nauseated more or less continually since about the 4th week of my 6 weeks of RT... and now it's 6 weeks post-treatment. I had no chemo.

I find that Zofran does little for me. I take a Prilosec capsule twice a day. I've weaned myself off the 14-16 Oxycodone I was gulping every day (after an equal number of Percocet, until my throat wouldn't tolerate their size), so it can't be the Oxy talking. Or gurgling I suppose. I also bought some ginger capsules, took half a gram/day or a gram/day based on some study results I read about online. Can't say they're much help.

I plan to ask my RO about medical pot when I see her this week. I'm sure she'll write me a scrip if she feels it will help, and here in Los Angeles it's easy enough to find.

I'd never heard of vaporization. What about a liquid form - anyone know about that? And what about Marinol, is that effective?

Wish I had more to offer the original poster about how to combat nausea! After 2 months straight with very little letup I'm about done with this!

David

David 2
SCC of occult origin 1/09 (age 55)| Stage III TXN1M0 | HPV 16+, non-smoker, moderate drinker | Modified radical neck dissection 3/09 | 31 days IMRT finished 6/09 | Hit 14 years all clear in 6/23 | Radiation Fibrosis Syndrome kicked in a few years after treatment and has been progressing since | Prostate cancer diagnosis 10/18