Lori,

Im so sorry you are going thru this. I want to share something that may help you.

I work for Verizon doing customer service. Yesterday, I spoke to a man who just came back from having cancer treatments in Mexico and out west someplace like Arizona or New Mexico. My call started by speaking to his wife about their bill as they had just returned. I told her how sorry I was to hear about her husbands illness. She probably thought I was full of crap like alot of customer service reps can be. I asked her if she would mind telling me what kind of cancer and to my surprise it was OC. She said her husband wouldnt talk to me cuz he was concerned about his speech, that I wouldnt be able to understand him.

After I told her I was also an oral cancer survivor and went thru it twice she put him on the phone. He was so happy and surprised to speak to someone else who has gone thru OC. We talked all about treatments and he told me how he does his chemo at home. I asked him a few questions since I remembered your post. He told me that his doctors have him do 2 bags of chemo, cisplatin at home. I would have loved to spend more time talking to him but probably would have gotten in trouble for not being work focused enough. I did manage to slip into the conversation the OCF website and hope they sign up. This was the first time I have ever spoken to an OC patient while I was at work.

Long story short....if this man can do it at home then it should be an option. Check with your doc. I hope its available for you. Enjoy your travels smile

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma