Dear Lori,

I think you should do what feels right to you and Ron. I think its important to have certain experiences even if it means delaying a chemo treatment, I would do it. A close friend of mine had pancreatic cancer (surgery was not an option) and he had palliative chemo. He and his wife took some amazing trips as well as some that were just relaxing for them and for their family. His last trip (6 weeks before his death) was to spend a week at our beach house just with his wife, and his adult children and his brother's family. It was a magical and stress free week just to be with each other and it meant so much to everyone. From reading your posts, you and Ron have been vigilant about his treatment and have pursued every reasonable path so you should have no qualms about creating some positive times for yourselves away from the medical world.

Take care- Sophie

Sophie T.

CG to husband: SCC Stage 4, T4, N1, M0; non-smoker and very light social drinker; HPV+
induction chemo begun 7/07; chemo/radiation ended 10/10, first cat scan clear; scan on 5/9/08 clear, scan on 10/08 clear; scan 1/09 clear; scan 1/10 clear; passed away July 2, 2016