This remined me of an article I read in the newspaper, in the business section a year or two ago. It was an AP article so some of you may have seen it, also. It was in essence speaking to employers that had employees diagnosed with cancer and what they could expect to happen. They discussed the different lengths of time the employees would be off work depending on what type of cancer they had. Some barely missed any work, most were back at work within three months. It stated if the employee had head and neck cancer, not to expect them back that very, very few were able to return to work after their treatments. I don't think this is neccesarily true anymore, do you? I haven't gone back to work but then I'm old, LOL

DX 6/05 Rt Tonsil SSC advanced to lymph node. Stage 4b. RND, took tonsils, strips off the back of tongue, throat and nose. 19 lymph nodes removed only 1 bad. Once healed, 7 weeks of treatment including 35 IMRT, 7 Cisplatin, 7 Erbitux and 35 nasty Amophostine. Almost 11 yrs out now. Woooo Hoooo!