Hey,
Knowing that I posted something like 60,000 words very quickly here, I am sure much of it is unread; however I need to give you a serious account of this issue. (see: Gimme a kiss big boy!)

The thrush I had became unmanageable, tabs and rinses and drugs had become more on my daily intake than anything else. My wife had taken leave from her regular day job and taken a night job in a nursing home as a CNA. She has been in nursing for years, however was required to take yet MORE training by the nursing home mega corp.

She finds herself reading a section about treating thrush in nursing home patients. The recommendation was to stop all foods dairy, foods containing yeast and sugar. I was living on all of them, in one form or another.

She went out and got flavored soy milk and that was substituted for the whole milk I had been making �Vern Food� with. Continuing with the meds of course, the thrush vanished very quickly with the milk products absent.

The idea of yogurt seems to be replacing bad yeast with good? I am hoping to produce some valid documentation on the subject. However it did work for me. I remained clear of thrush during treatment even though I resumed the dairy products, I haven�t had any thrush in the year following.

As always, I am not a doctor and I do not play one on TV. However discussing this with your doctor might make the life a little easier.

UncleVern

ENT conjectures before, no PET approved by HMO. Metastasis 11/06. CT 2/07: mass RT sub-mandibular gland. 7 CM mass/tonsil, base of tongue removed, biopsies 2/07 and 3/07. Vein lost, RT face numb. PET scan: spot in chest, un-investigated. Oral surgery 4/07. 3X Cisplatin and 32X IMRT from 4/07-5/07.