I'm doing a lot of ranting lately......got the pet scan straightened out and now the disability insurance carrier has decided to close the claim because they didn't get whatever they wanted from the docs. Seems the docs are playing pass the buck with the paperwork. Spent 45 minutes on the phone with the insurance people yesterday, then went back to work and faxed them 12 pages of stuff I already had. We'll see where that gets us. Haven't even seen a bill for the medical yet although the dental extractions were a fun bit - our insurance pays $2500 on dental per year and the bill was $5300. I pointed out that since extractions were due to medical reasons NOT dental that maybe they should submit to both dental and medical carriers. I've yet to see anything from either one. There's another call to make and probably another 45 minutes. Bill the insurance!!!! Why do they think we paid for it!!! (And just as a side note, I'm attempting to deal with my mother's Part D Medicare coverage for prescriptions - she's covered by insurance through retirement benefits that won't pay except when she's in the "donut hole" and now they (the retirement carrier) seems intent on mailing that back and forth to us from various places around the country----grrrrr......)

CG to H with SCC BOT T4N2cM0 dx 12/19/08, teeth removed pre-tx; Erbitux & RT-done 3/12/09, PEG 2/9/09-7/14/09; ND 6/16. Pet 6/12-no mets except lymph node in neck removed on 6/16. Chyle leak,2nd surg to repair. Dilate esophagus 4/15/10. Clear PET 12/17/10