Insurance companies and the SSA....sigh...truly paperwork hell. Fortunately our insurance co has a website. I can access all claims and convert to excel spreadsheet in order to keep track. Then I have a folder for each thing (rt, chemo, misc, consults). Old habits die hard I guess. I set this stuff up just as if I were prepping a case. Years ago when my daughter was still at home (seizure disorder) I compiled all this stuff and when she left home I had everything for her SSI claim at my fingertips. I also had a lot of just junk but better too much than not enough. I've also found that when I open my totebag and start pulling stuff out before offices can find it in their file that I don't have to take a lot of BS from them. A very wise neurologist once sent my daughter home from the hospital when she was still quite ill and told me that I knew my daughter better than any of the staff did and I would be able to pinpoint problems faster than the staff. Every caregiver should keep that in mind. I've had several go 'rounds with hospital staff over that very thing - one told me my aging mother was just "confused" because she was at the hospital when she was actually going into sepsis! Ok, now off my soapbox too...my motto, as always, question authority smile

CG to H with SCC BOT T4N2cM0 dx 12/19/08, teeth removed pre-tx; Erbitux & RT-done 3/12/09, PEG 2/9/09-7/14/09; ND 6/16. Pet 6/12-no mets except lymph node in neck removed on 6/16. Chyle leak,2nd surg to repair. Dilate esophagus 4/15/10. Clear PET 12/17/10