Brian,

Thanks for everything you do on this site!

I had 2 things I am worried about and wanted your thoughts. I pressed my surgeon and pathologist on the issue presented in first entry on this thread. It was clarified that what I had was a scc lesion, (the "at least 0.9 cm) plus an extended area, ( the 3.5 cm length) of multicentricity; which is lots of tiny cancers scattered around; rather than a 3.5 cm solid tumor. This is a condition which is very prone to recurrences. When I asked about radiation for it I was told that you can only get rads once; so you don�t want to unless it�s the only reasonable approach. The recommended approach is to watch the oral cavity closely and resect the recurrences as they show. the doctor said if we have to cut out 3 or 4, then rads may be in order. This sounds logical but the impression I got from reading studies is that recurrences are a really bad thing.

Plus its obvious from the other posts on this thread that you can get radiation more than once. Is the �you can only get rads once� thing maybe for the ; like; 10% of folks that experience osteoradionecrosis?

.Thanks,

Mike