Pete: you are 100% correct. My husband likes to quote a Spanish saying:"the wine may be bitter, but at least it's my wine."
The machines for vital signs at TU must have been programmed by the same person who writes the awful cell phone rings. They chirped and binged 24 hr a day. the nursing staff were wonderfully efficient and cheerful but those machines were awful.

Colleeen: I had no jaw wiring, just a nasal tube for feeding for a few days and then a very soft diet. Now that I am home my family is feeding me delicious food on my schedule. For a while it took a great deal of energy just to finish off a yougurt or jello.
Even swollen it is very apparent that my chin is back to the center of my face. The plastic surgeon said it should take 6 mounths to a year to heal. I am wearing a boot on the leg and using a walker. Tuesday I will see both doctors and hopefully will get rid of the Frankenstein tracks. I think that the boot will be on for a few weeks. I am taking the "Scarlet" approach - worry about that tomorrow.

SCC stage II Partial mandibulectomy w. neck dissection- July 2005. Renal cancer w. partial nephrectomy-Jan 2004. Breast cancer discovered in routine mammogram. Successful lumpectomy, sentinal nodes clear, RT only-2008 Reconstruction of mandible w fibula free flap-Jan 09. TORS removal of begnin pappiloma from esophagus-2010. Masectomy,rt breast 2013.
Support OCF