i have never been a drinker .. socially on some weekends for probably 2 yrs in my very young adult years but since that time frame i have my 1 bottle of baileys (with coffee) each holiday season and that is it for the year ...

they say drinking heavy and/or smoking heavy can be a cause - smoking and drinking combined greatly increases risk ... but will an occasional drink cause it? imho I highly doubt it ... and would worry more about an occasional cigarette over an occasional drink ...

BUT But but but but but ... once you have already fought the monster I would think you would be more prone to problems from known factors, so on that note, I did not buy my bottle of baileys this year ... and will not anymore. i will stick to an irish cream latte instead now, have them throw in some peppermint.

If I loved wine (which I do not) I would try to limit my consumption and greatly reduce it, if not eliminating it ... It is all mindset and you can adjust a lot quicker and easier if you remind yourself this is all part of your healing, treatment, etc. and that it is ongoing.

You and you alone have to decide what risks you are willing to take with your life. If it has even a tiny tiny tiny chance of causing problems - is it worth it when there is always a risk anyway? If I had a recurrence I would want the peace of mind that I did nothing to cause it.

Rita - Age 44
wife, mother of 4 - ages 3,16,21,24 & grandma to 1
(R upper) Maxillectomy 8/8/08 - UW / Seattle, WA.

===============================

"Those who think by the inch and speak by the yard, should be kicked by the foot."