Feeling better and the time to do so IS somewhat variable. There are no absolutes in cancer. But after talking with literally hundreds of patients now, the week/month thing is about right. It is also a function of the number of grays of radiation that you had, and other collateral damage or ill health issues that you have and age. But I will stand by the timeline given all the people that I talked to. David was one of the lucky ones, and there are a few, but I would not call him typical in so many ways. Bottom line is it is going to happen at a speed which you will have little control over, so thinking about it isn't going to change how fast your body deals with radiation sickness etc. Just try to get back into life at steps that seem reasonable - walk around the room, get out of bed, go out in public, try to eat new things, etc. etc. Those things you can control. Your biology you cannot.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.