personally i would want to know what the outcomes were for the lung cancer patients who opted in for the study. has this drug proved helpful to them or detrimental?

i also would want to know if this chemo is very toxic and what are the chances the drug itself could cause a recurrence or another form of cancer now or later.

If I was then happy with the answers to those questions, I would sign up for it if I felt the good outweighed the bad AND I felt up to the one year course of more to go thru ... but if i just did not feelo up to it ... then no, i don't think i would after just going thru so much already...

also does anyone know how much chemo one can receive without causing real problems? that is quite a toll on the immune system after just being thru a full round of 14 week of chemo, which has already crippled the immune system.... ???

I am in no way saying not to do it - that is up to you but I would have a lot of questions before I would feel comfortable if it were my body or the body of my loved one.

Rita - Age 44
wife, mother of 4 - ages 3,16,21,24 & grandma to 1
(R upper) Maxillectomy 8/8/08 - UW / Seattle, WA.

===============================

"Those who think by the inch and speak by the yard, should be kicked by the foot."