I don't know the origin of that Rule of Thumb and I really don't know what "radiation recovery" means but I will say your body will take well over a year or two to "recover" as much as it will. I am still seeing "recovery" from my ordeal and I am over 2 years out. It was appx 16 months post Tx before I thought I was finally satisfied with my taste and dry mouth recovery and I saw a slight improvement in both areas after my 2 year mark. My whiskers below my chin which were blown away from radiation have just recently started to creep down a bit farther requiring me to shave there for the first time in over 2 years. I wouldn't even think that your body will be finished recovering in 7 months, heck, I was just getting started. Expect a long recovery period and don't ever think you've finished.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.