Jenny

It's not crazy - just an overreaction. No one talks or writes about sex here, but assuming that is back on track- then gym work and martial arts are understandable. IMO Shotokan Karate would be much better than cage fighting for him. I liked Aikido but it isn't going to address the masculinity issue since petite women can toss big brutes around all too easily. In Karate, my strength and weight let me beat far superior female opponents in sparring (although the dojo party line is that's not true but there are valid reasons why boxing enforces weight limits in matches despite a featherweight being as good or better a boxer than a heavyweight).
However, if he is of slight build and not particularly strong for a guy, then Aikido would be fantastic. Anyway, it is a guy thing as I would lock myself in the bathroom and cry over how skinny and weak I looked in the mirror. Six days a week down at the gym, lifting weights and doing Pilates and Yoga really built my muscle mass up and I finally have a six pack stomach for the first time ever. Finally, he may want to take up running as there is no more "manly" rush than crossing the finish line at a marathon or finishing in the top ten at a 10K.
Silly I know, but just listen to some current country songs and humor him a little.

65 yr Old Frack
Stage IV BOT T3N2M0 HPV 16+
2007:72GY IMRT(40) 8 ERBITUX No PEG
2008:CANCER BACK Salvage Surgery
25GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin
Apaghia /G button
2012: CANCER BACK -left tonsilar fossa
40GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin

Passed away 4-29-13