So Erik has finished his 16 weeks of Taxol and Erbitux. This second round was easier than the first (no radiation) He was exhausted and pretty mopey, but overall he did very well. He has been done since August 28th and is now even back to work. Thats not the crazy part...This weekend he told me that he wants to join a gym that trains for "cagefighting" This is just CRAZY to me. After everything he' been through and now he wants to go get his head beat in..Erik is a very calm person, not aggressive at all and has never really liked physical contact sports (he hated football as a kid) So when I asked him "why cage fighting?" he said "because it will make me feel like a man, I can get some of this agression out." He went on to explain that being an invalid had made him feel emasculated and wussy, and he wanted something to make him feel (macho)manly. He told me that I was not the one emasculinating him, that I wasnt the factor in this that it was "just him feeling this way". He became very emotional when he was talking to me about this, and therefore I did take it serious-(which was hard at first) But I guess my thing is have any of you guys felt like-less than a man after your treatments? I personally think that he needs some counseling, but he says that just makes him feel like a girl-all the talking and sharing of feelings.
This is just so unlike him, and plain old wierd. Can anyone shed some light on this for me.
Jenn

Caregiver to Erik -1st DX 12/22/2005 SCC of Tongue, T3N1M0, hemi-glossectomy,60 nodes removed, carboplatnin,Erbitux, 35Rads.
Reoccurrence T1N0M0 4/14/08-partial glossectomy-16 weeks Erbitux and Taxol-
3rd reoccurrence 5/18/12- partial glossectomy