Oh gosh Adele, you did have a terrible day.
I don't have any knowledge about WBC.
I'm wondering why they started antibiotic, what for?
That's what kicked up the thrush in my mouth...

About the smoking, The Human Rsource Center at my work offered smoking cessation classes, 6 weeks and they offered free nicotine replacement therapy. When I asked our counselor what the best method to quit was, he said "Cold turkey". I went home, thought about that and found www.whyquit.com, and read through some of the material. I was glad to find out that more people quit and stay quit by doing it cold turkey than any other method. The next morning, I put my cigs down. I was highly motivated to quit. Afer 72 hours, I applied to become part of the "Freedom from smoking" group located at the top right column of the www.whyquit.com web page. I was accepted, and downloaded my "quit counter". I have found lots of support there, and the quit counter keeps me motivated. I don't want to blow it! It was hard, but I had seen my dad battle oral cancer, twice in four years. I had seen many oral cancer patients in his ward over 3 week time frame. I developed oral lichens planus at the same time, and my son let me find out he was smoking about 5 cigs a day. After 27 years, I finally found my motivation to quit. I was scared! I will not tell you it is easy. It is not. If you are highly motivated, and committed to quit, it can be done. I had many moments where I had to "grit" it out. Nicotine is possibly the "best" drug out there, it does it's job very well! When I began looking at cigarettes as "nicotine delivery devices", just like a needle and syringe to a junkie, it was easier to put a negative into my mind where a positive had once been. I replaced "nicotine delivery devices", with celery and cream cheese. I'm a celery chomping fool! But my mouth was too sore from lichens planus to chew gum, so the celery helped my mouth, and smelled fresh and clean where cigs do not. I printed out things that motivated me, like this "Mandatory replenishment cycle" from the website that shows your either going to keep feeding the nicotine addiction, or your going to go through withdrawal, most people continue to feed the addiction. I wanted to fight back against oral cancer. I wanted to be "one less", and I wanted the cycle of smoking in my family to stop before it claimed another of us. For me, failing this attempt at quitting was not an option. Thats where the website helped me so much, the motto there is, Never Take Another Puff, Ever. Once you find out that you can ignore a craving and survive it, you grit it out, and you get through the next one, and the next one, and you tell the whiney 2 year old in your head that is begging for nicotine, NO. NO. NO. And pretty soon, that whiney 2 year old in my head, quit asking. Further and further apart the urges came and went. And today, I'm at 60 days free of nicotine! I've never been proud of myself, but I am now! It took a lot of strength and determination, but I did it! Because my mouth is so sore, I also changed my diet at the same time. I gave up all foods containing yeast, flour, sugar. I became aware of disease thriving in acidic conditions, but not in alkaline conditions, so I eat mostly fresh foods now, mostly vegetables. I'm not completely vegan yet, but much more than ever before. I eat celery for breakfast, salads for lunch that I try to pack at least 7 different vegetables into, including avocado which is supposed to help kill precancerous cells, and might help with cancerous cells too, and vegetable soup for dinner. I like eating this way, and my immune system, which has been compromised by Lupus is responding very positively to my changes. I feel like a new woman, just need to get my mouth to quit hurting.

I'm sorry to write such a book, just so passionately involved in these life changing modifications, and want to share them with you, since you asked! I hope I may have helped you somehow. My heart goes out to you and I hope they figure it out and get it taken care of soon.

p.s. my son quit the day after I did! ;o)

Dad had oral lichens planus, and oral leukoplakia before T2 SCC,2 nodes.
DX10/23/03
IMRT 12/29/03.30 rad,3 boost.
Brachytherapy 3/8-3/11/04.
Recurrence Nov07 Stage IV.
4 Surgeries
No rads, no chemo
I have oral lichens planus,
thrush,leukoplakia 2/20/08
6/2/08 biopsies "inflammation"