When I first became acquainted with the waiting room where my son was receiving his amifostine shot every day, I noticed "laughter therapy" sessions listed but at the time, we had missed the ones scheduled for that month. I kept looking for more laughter therapy sessions for each following month but none were listed and it was kind of depressing to think that maybe there was nothing more to laugh about. frown

I have really appreciated how other posters have made me smile and even laugh laugh at times with their wonderful comments . . . it definitely helps to relieve the anxiety and it would be nice to have them all the smile moments in one place for "quick reference" when those anxious moments come. My son made me smile recently when he told me about how he and his daughter were having fun sliding on the hardwood floor with the slippers I had knitted for them. While sliding, his 5-year-old daughter suggested: "Daddy, if you take a little jump just before sliding, you'll go further". Well, against his better judgment, :rolleyes: he did and promptly fell and bruised his arm and side. I could tell it was still painful the next when he told me about it, but he was smiling and it made me smile, too. Now it looks like I'll have to get him some knee and arm pads to go with the slippers. Anybody have a smile story/comment to add to my smile file?

Anne-Marie
CG to son, Paul (age 33, non-smoker) SCC Stage 2, Surgery 9/21/06, 1/6 tongue Rt.side removed, +48 lymph nodes neck. IMRTx28 completed 12/19/06. CT scan 7/8/10 Cancer-free! ("spot" on lung from scar tissue related to Pneumonia.)