Gita,

I am sorry you feel so strongly about the link but I understand somewhat. Like it or not, we are at the mercy of a moderator on any message board and even if we don't agree 100%, there are still avenues to express our views and share information. I recently was directed to all of the rules of posting here and I had not previously or don't remember seeing them much less agreeing with them. I had to agree to get back on the board but I don't like to agree with something unless I really do agree. I may have taken exception with the part of not expressing any specific religious beliefs but I have tried dilligently to adhere to the rules of engagement, if you will.

That being said, do not underestimate the value of all the work Brian has put into this whole process. Likewise, do not underestimate the value of your contributions as they build into a community of contributions with a diverse mix of people. The main topic of Adjunctive Therapy has a reminder that no links are allowed under this topic. You can always mention something controversial and ask anyone to email you or private message you for details.

I know from experience that anything beyond NCCC guidelines is not very popular. I have had my butt kicked up and down the street like a tin can on several occasions. However, I will continue to post and try hard(er) to not take it personally. There is much too much valuable contribution from all here to let any one thing deter me from my two cents worth.

One person will never fully determine a community or a culture. If so, why do we have literally thousands if not millions of cultures and sub-cultures in the world? Brian has a vision and from what I have seen, he has created an incredible thing that provides loads of information and a support community! His choice to not make it a free for all is certainly justified given his level of blood, sweat and tears, not to mention the financial burden he has endured to keep this thing going.

You don't have to agree with everyone. Nobody ever will. Just recognize the the path of least resistance. You have enough to deal with right now.

By the way, I will email you a link you may enjoy.

Ed

SCC Stage IV, BOT, T2N2bM0
Cisplatin/5FU x 3, 40 days radiation
Diagnosis 07/21/03 tx completed 10/08/03
Post Radiation Lower Motor Neuron Syndrome 3/08.
Cervical Spinal Stenosis 01/11
Cervical Myelitis 09/12
Thoracic Paraplegia 10/12
Dysautonomia 11/12
Hospice care 09/12-01/13.
COPD 01/14
Intermittent CHF 6/15
Feeding tube NPO 03/16
VFI 12/2016
ORN 12/2017
Cardiac Event 06/2018
Bilateral VFI 01/2021