dear brian,

i entirely disagree with your decision to remove the link in my post. [if anybody wants the link, e-mail me and i'll send it to you personally.] i find this to be a rather patronizing attitude that underestimates the intelligence of people in this forum. there have been other articles posted elsewhree by ohter people, so posting a link to an article by itself is not against OCF's rules of use. you have made a decision on the basis of the article's content alone not with regards to the rules.

as for the links in the original article's website, i wonder if would you disallow a link to say an article in "washington post" because their pages are riddled with commercials and advertisement links?

in your justification, you state your personal bias more than anything else. allow me to provide an example of why there is no reason to consider NCI and ACS, etc. with any less degree of critical doubt:

in the nutrition guide on NCI site which i posted in another thread, in one part of the document they advise against refined sugar intake, while in another part they recommend muffins and ice cream as foods to sustain while you're sore post treatment. of course, anybody can see the glaring contradiction here, no? why are we to believe that NCI and ACS and others like them have no agenda? why shouldn't we ask the doctors why they recommend "ensure," a product that many people here have lived on for long periods at a time, knowing that it is high in refined sugar content?

cancer is not just a disease. it's an entire industry that generates quite a lot of profit for many, whether they're in the mainstream medical establishment or on the fringes. should we ignore this fact and put our blind trust in this industry? for whose benefit?

be well.

gita

sister diagnosed 11/03 SCC maxilla keratenizing stg IV T1N1Mx; 4-7 positive lymph nodes; dissection 12/03 left upper pallette removd; radiaton left side 35 sessions 2/04-4/04; recurrence same side 4/04; chemo began 5/04 incl cisplatine, 5fu, taxotere