Hi, Barbara. When John started having alot of trouble sleeping at night and needed to use the suction machine alot during the night, he moved to the downstairs guest room. I bought a baby monitor, hung one speaker on his bed frame and the other sits on my bedside table.I can hear him move around and if he needs me, he just has to speak my name-not yell. This has allowed me to sleep better at night and he knows I'll be there when he calls. When we have to spend the night in a motel, I get a 2 room suite with a micro, frig and sometimes a small stove. I take food too because eating out is not on our agenda at present. The 2 room suite also allows John to crash when he needs to and I can stay up and not worry about disturbing him [or visa-versa]. And you are right, for a while yet, you are in a whole different world, one that has a language of its' own and challanges you never dreamed youall might face. You just have to stay very strong and start each day with the attitude "we can get through this". Please take care of yourself so you can keep taking care of Michael. Amy

CGtoJohn:SCC Flr of Mouth.Dx 3\05. Surg.4\05.T3NOMO.IMRTx30. Recur Dx 1\06.Surg 2\06. Chemo: 4 Cycles of Carbo\Taxol:on Erbitux for 7 mo. Lost our battle 2-23-07- But not the will to fight this disease

: