Michael ate relatively well yesterday - he had two kinds of home made soups, some beans, banana pudding and three Boosts (I finally got him to do more than two). I have ordered a couple other supplements I found here and one I found in a head and neck cancer cookbook. I plan to order some samples of Skandishake. But tell me more about Benecalorie with the neutral taste - I know the neutral taste part sounds appealing to Michael right now. How many calories does it have per serving?

I think Michael currently is thinking a feeding tube might be easier. The biggest negative thing he discovered from his nurse yesterday, which I had already thought of but not mentioned to him, is that he is a bath taker not a shower taker and he probably will have to take showers not baths with the tube. I get pretty depressed for him thinking of all the things he has had to give up with this experience. Stopped smoking, almost stopped coffee (he still drinks a few sips a day - he used to drink about three pots), spices (he was a really good chef himself and cooked with a lot of herbs, spices and hot sauces - at one time he actually had 30 different kinds of hot sauces in our refrigerator), going out to eat, pretty much going anywhere except for doctors appointments, driving, and now maybe baths.

I will find some more of his favorite Boost today. He was adding some extra milk to it, but he doesn

Barbara S
C/G to Michael age 64, stage 1 base of tongue SC cancer and a stage one for a couple lymph nodes, diagnosed 09/12/06, IMRT radiation 10/24/06 to 12/05/06 , last PET / CT scan 11/7/11 - still cancer free!!!