Didier,

I too can relate to your anger. When my sister was fighting her cancer, we had several "though to be close" family members who did not even bother to call or see her. One family member actually came to the hospital (it was the only she ever came to see Kim) and Kim literally thought she was about to die. It was horrible.

I know the anger you are feeling. I still feel it everyday. It makes me sick to my stomach and I cannot bring myself to even look at or acknowledge the family who deserted Kim.

Just know that although he is your brother and your mother's son, she is better off without him there. If he has these negative feelings toward your mom, you don't want him around her at her most vulnerable moments.

Give your mom a huge hug and tell her you love her. She is blessed to have such a wonderful son. Unfortunately you can't do anything about your brother.

God Bless you and your mother.

Sister of Kim, a 24 year old cancer fighter diagnosed on 12/5/04, who fought strong and hard and died with dignity and honor on 1/3/05.