I am beyond livid and sickened. Its been 24 hours and my blood is still boiling...last night I had a confrontation with my eldest brother who flew into town and graced us with his presence because it is his birthday. The evening began with an argument that had to do with the disposition of my dad's belongings, and why I still hadn't gotten rid of everything yet. My dad passed in November, and I've been busy with work and looking after my mom who is still recovering from treatment. Mind you, my brother has been town for six days and has yet to contact OR visit our mom, who incidentally has been hospitalized for the past three days. I explained my position as to why I haven't completed getting rid of our dad's things, and chastised him for not calling or visiting Mom. I also mentioned that he has no place flying into town and laying down the law about what I should or shouldn't be doing with my time. My priority is looking after my mom. I then reminded him that, not once, did he come to town (a one hour flight from where he lives) during our mother's three month treatment to visit her. His response broadsided me. He told me he didn't come to town to see her because she is a f*****g c**t. "I put up with her s*it for 40 years and I'm not going to do it anymore." I can't believe it. This guy called his 73 year old mother, who damn near died from this horrible disease, such a name...it's the poor woman's 73rd birthday tomorrow --which she will be spending in the hospital. I snapped. I scanned the table looking for a bottle that I could smash into his face...fortunately there was nothing there because I would have spoon fed the broken glass to him. I told him I felt like putting a bullet in his head. I know these are terrible thoughts, and I'm embarrassed that I blew up like that, but I am beyond disbelief that someone could say something so dispicable about their mother. I assure you, our mom was not the type of person who laid a hand on us as kids, or abused us verbally, or in any other way. I can't imagine why he could be so absolutely hateful. I can honestly say that I don't think I ever want to see this guy again. As if life isn't hard enough, I've got this gem to deal with. Well, there you have it...I've aired the dirty laundry. I'm embarrassed and disgusted, but I had to get this off my chest...its been eating me up all day. I'm probably a good candidate for the Jerry Springer show at this point.

Mom's caregvr. DDS failed to dx 01/03. Dx Stg IV SCC 05/03. Induct. chemo, IMRT, 5FU, H, Iressa, Neck disect, radiation. Dad's caregvr. Dx 01/04 Ext. Stg SCLC. Mets to liver/bone 08/04. Died 11/12/04. Mom tongue CA dx 06/13, hemiglossectomy (80% removed) 08/13. Clean margins and nodes, but PNI. 6/15/15: Tongue CA at base of remnant tongue. Declined further tx; hospice.
Died 10/13/15. What a long and difficult journey.