Jen,

Okay, now I have to fess up. When I was 5 I used to love red hots. The analytical mind I was developing found that the average size of a red hot was precisely the same size as my nostril. I used to sit around and try to put one in my nose all the time. My father was always telling me to stop or I would get one stuck. One time I was sticking one up my nose and he walked in so instead of getting caught, I just pushed it farther up. Well, a few days later I had to go the doctor because my nose started swelling up. You can imagine how surprised everyone was when the doctor stuck an instrument up my nose and plucked out the red hot. Of course, I denied any knowledge of how it got there! eek

A friend of mine in college claimed he got a watermellon seed caught in his nose and it actually sprouted. I wanted to not believe him so bad but when you saw how big his nose was, you could almost believe his story!

One one of my nose scope visits, they squirted some Lidocaine ointment in there instead of the spray stuff. The first tube was dried at the end and the nurse kept squeezing it while the tube was pointed at my face. I finally told her to point that obnoxious thing somewhere else just as it spurted about 6 feet and hit the ceiling! We still laugh whenever I visit the radiation oncologist.

Ed

SCC Stage IV, BOT, T2N2bM0
Cisplatin/5FU x 3, 40 days radiation
Diagnosis 07/21/03 tx completed 10/08/03
Post Radiation Lower Motor Neuron Syndrome 3/08.
Cervical Spinal Stenosis 01/11
Cervical Myelitis 09/12
Thoracic Paraplegia 10/12
Dysautonomia 11/12
Hospice care 09/12-01/13.
COPD 01/14
Intermittent CHF 6/15
Feeding tube NPO 03/16
VFI 12/2016
ORN 12/2017
Cardiac Event 06/2018
Bilateral VFI 01/2021