Good morning Minnie,

thanks for putting forth the effort that made for such a fun and successful walkathon. it was a real pleasure to meet you and other OCF'ers. i am always amazed at how much can be learned in a group setting of cancer folks, and yesterday was a great example... various operations and dental proceedures, but above all, the spirit to enjoy life... almost regardless of the circumstances.

it's great to hear Amy talk of next years event! and i agree with you that these activites will help to improve live for oral cancer folks. this really hits home with me as i've been to 2 funerals in 2 weeks for cancer folks from my local support group. it's been about 3 years since i joined that group, of the seven fellows in our original group, i'm the only one left. the photos at the walkathon showed some oral cancer folks that are departed too soon and others that are still with us. thanks for putting the photos on display... as i write this, i remember that i forgot to read some of Heather's journal... well, i should do that next time.

Your efforts and that of the OCF do make a big difference. thanks again. i plan to be at your walk again next year and hope to see lots of OCF folks there.

cu,
larryb